Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I lost my mind  (Read 442 times)

Offline Dpunicorn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I lost my mind
« on: January 05, 2014, 02:17:45 PM »
When can you exactly know if you're going crazy. I honestly 100 percent think that I am going insane. I am at my wits end and I just cant comprehend what is going on anymore. My sense of self is completely wiped from my brain. I have no idea who I really am. I have had severe depersonalization for the past few months now and I think it has destroyed my brain. I just dont understand life anymore. I feel so distant and out of my mind. I used have this little part in my brain that reminded me that I'm still sane. It was like a little peace of me that kept me sane and it disappeared for some reason and now I think im crazy now. There is no part in my brain anymore that was the old me. I feel like a whole different person. I dont know what pushed me over the edge. I dont know if its my terrible sleeping schedule. the fact that I never leave the house or this cold that Im fighting off. What do you guys think? Do you think I can get that old piece of myself back and how? Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline scb07d

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I lost my mind
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 11:48:29 PM »
You don't know when you're truly going crazy... when it happens you may be able to remember it, but you won't be aware enough to stop it or do anything about it while it's happening. You might notice having delusions before you experience psychosis though. Like if your brain is feeding you information that seems really off, like people driving by your house watching you, etc. But when you legitimately go crazy you won't be able to control it.

Severe dissociation is certain kind of craziness I guess and there's a lot more overlap than what most people say.

My advice would be that you need to have valuable things to do in your life. The more time you spend doing nothing, the more you'll perseverate over the symptoms. Dissociation doesn't destroy your brain... at least not immediately, even though it feels like that. You just need to find something to do in life I think and have things on your schedule. No amount of thinking is going to make you "understand life." It's more about physical actions in the environment.

Truthfully, dissociation can make you go crazy if you go into it hard enough. Hopefully you can find a way to not do that because it's not fun or healthy for your brain. You'll get that piece of yourself back when your anxiety relents. The only way that happens is by acting in environment. If you can't accept anxiety and act in the environment, then you'll just end up dissociating into a dream world forever.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jasmine84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 12:21:21 PM »
I know exactly what your going through and it's not fun.I feel like I have completely lost myself and I understand nothing anymore.Please if you ever need to talk contact me God knows I could use the company.And as for your comment scbo7d I don't see how you think anything you wrote was helpful!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline scb07d

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 02:09:28 PM »
Sorry :(

In trying to be accurate I guess I could have made things worse.

There's nothing you can really say to make dissociation better. It's just a symptom that you learn to live with over time and as you become more accustomed to it, it gets less grating. When it's really bad though it's definitely an incredibly awful feeling. I guess the best thing to say is that it doesn't stay at the same level forever. Even if you stay dissociated for long periods of time, the intensity of it will likely change. I've never heard of someone who has had it for long periods of time not becoming accustomed to it after a while.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: