Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Derealization  (Read 298 times)

Offline JamesS

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Derealization
« on: January 05, 2014, 01:08:46 PM »
Hi everyone,

About a year ago I smoked a lot of weed, but I eventually had to stop because it made me feel derealized. I was then fine for a good six months until one day I was driving and it hit me out of nowhere again. Again I shook it off and was fine. However, about two months ago I was in the middle of a really stressful semester and I had another feeling of derealization which caused a severe panic attack. Anyway it got worse and worse until it happened again and that's when I started going online. I looked up everything and I came to the conclusion that it was anxiety, slowly I started to feel better. However, I ended up looking up schizophrenia which said anxiety and derealization are two of the early warning signs. THis is when I full on flipped out I was ready to drive myself to the hospital because I thought I was about to lose everything to this disease. I have not stopped reading about it since and it hasn't helped at all. I was having existential thoughts before but now I'm having these paranoid thoughts like they said would happen on the pages about schizophrenia and I feel like I could hallucinate at any moment. Has anyone else felt this way during their anxiety and if so what did you say to yourself to calm yourself down?

THanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Derealization
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 04:44:03 AM »
I've had the same thing happen to me after smoking before. (The derealization.) I also get those feelings sometimes still, but that's all they are -- feelings, memories. You remember what the derealization felt like and your brain is relaying it to you because it was a stressful event and you are latching onto it with the OCD. I go through the exact same thing still. I just tell myself to remember that everything is in fact real and to shake it off.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: