Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Eye Floaters Anxiety  (Read 377 times)

Offline LostDaniel

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Eye Floaters Anxiety
« on: January 05, 2014, 07:57:03 AM »
Good morning.

I come here so desperate because I feel so alone and I don't know what else to do...

About 4 months ago, I went to a party because I was so depressed that my father had just died, in this party I got drugged and I was alone that day. I was abused and I immedietly assumed that they had infected me with HIV. I began searching for sympthoms on Internet and I went through the most stressful ridden week of my life before eye floaters appeared. During this week I had panic atacks and a Post Traumatic disorder. I have been tested 3 months after that for HIV, about 9 times, all negative. Also been seen by 6 eye doctors saying I'm fine but that those eye floaters will never go away and that I need to learn to live with them. The more I try to ignore them the more they remember me about all my fears, because I see them everyday, they remind me of HIV all day, remind me of the death of my father. Remind me of things that I have lived when I was younger (currently 23). Those thoughts come as flashbacks, as if it was a film of my life, as if I was going to die soon... Since that day I cannot enjoy life, every day is like one year for me, thinking I have a terminal desease and I even dream about it every day. I'm being tortured by eye floaters, my thoughts and my dreams. I don't know what to do. I feel so lost, I remember those days I was happy and healthy. I am too young to get eye floaters... but it would not worry me anymore if I knew they were created by stress and Anxiety, but I feel like there's something more behind, how come I never had them and suddenly one week after being abused I developed them? Eye doctors have denied any conection between stress, anxiety and eye floaters, and I have been tested negative for HIV after 3 months, so what is happenning to me then? I'm desperate to know if some people developed eye floaters after chronic stress and axiety, could this be the cause? thank you so much for helping me...
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Eye Floaters Anxiety
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 10:02:03 AM »
Welcome to anxietyzone. My Opthamologist told me that most eye floaters are caused by benign causes
such as too much protein, etc. I have never heard of anxiety causing floaters, but anxiety can cause other
vision disturbances.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 11:55:08 AM »
A couple of years ago I had major eye floaters (lots of stress at that time to) went to the Dr who said that they're nothing to worry about.  Everyone has them - some more than others.  He said the problem is that we've normally learned not to notice them - like you really don't notice your blinking - but once you do notice them then it becomes hard not to notice them and people think they're new and freak out about them.  He said to relax, give it time and you'll go back to not noticing them.

Took a couple of months for me but he was right - I no longer notice them although if I concentrate I can see them.

He also said that over time they tend to move to the bottom of the eye where you don't see them and stay there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline neliss32

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 03:23:03 PM »
I have had a pretty anxiety filled last couple weeks.  About a week ago started getting a lot more floaters.  But I have started wearing my glasses instead of contacts and changed my diet around last two weeks or so.  More vitamins and eating healthier.    But what was told was your eyes get used to them and adapt your vision, so they go away, for most of the times. 

I pulled my groin a while ago and made it a lot worse for my self. I obsess on things and make them worse for myself.  Lately have been sitting and visualizing for thirty minutes a day being in situations where it bothers me and not focusing on it, or not effecting how I walk.  helps me some because when I walk and obsess on it,  I think about the visualization.  Playing out another role in your head. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: floaters