Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety often recurrence after waking up  (Read 395 times)

Offline van151

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety often recurrence after waking up
« on: January 05, 2014, 05:17:21 AM »
Why do I often feels more anxious after I wake up? Is it because my sleep quality?I often feel tired or not in fresh condition after a night sleep. It is like my brain is restarting or something and my fears (mostly about deadly disease  or death) are coming out and I need some times to keep it under control.

Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety often recurrence after waking up
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 05:30:01 AM »
Even after a good sleep we can wake up feeling like we have not slept at all. Can be a mixture of many things. Not sure if you are on medication. Some forms of medication can make you wake feeling horrible. I like to wake up to music. So my brain instantly is focused on the music. You can buy such a thing as a mood light. Might be worth a try. It mimics the sunrise in your bedroom. Waken you up slowly as the light gets brighter with the sound of nature. This sound would come into your head / mind before you are fully awake. Who knows it may help to change how you fell when you wake up. Might calm you down a bit more. I do have a mood light here that I use when I am reading. It can relax you some. Just something you might think about trying out.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 08:36:33 AM »
I have found noticeable differences in how I wake up. Sometimes terrified, sometimes despondent, sometimes energetic, sometimes lethargic, sometimes ready to give up, sometimes as if iron chains of worries and fears are not letting me get up. This may also change in the course of the day for better, for worse.

It must be the complex brain, psyche, chemistry, etc. Who knows? As long as I get some good days, good periods, I go with the flow. Accept what is and keep on working with my methods of doing the best I can for the brain, that mind-body connection. Just my experience.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BrookeAshley1

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 09:02:05 AM »
I'm not sure why but I also wake feeling anxious. In fact I know exactly when I miss a Zoloft pill cause the first thing I notice is I feel anxious immediately in the morning.
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Offline van151

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 11:27:49 AM »
Sometimes when I cannot control it, it could become more severe and usually panic attack begin to kick in. I never heard of mood light before but from the discription I think it could help me, thank you I hope they sell it online because  think I couldn't find it in my country.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lily120

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 07:08:03 PM »
I've heard that levels of the stress hormone cortisol are higher in the morning. I don't know if that's what's happening in your case, but it's something I've experienced myself. Some things that may help reduce the stress hormone are decreasing caffeine intake, getting better and more sleep if needed, healthy eating, and exercising.
Bookmark and Share

Offline van151

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 07:24:10 PM »
Thank you for all the advice, nice to know that I'm not alone in this.

Someone I know also give me advise to stop sugar intake at night especially before night sleep, because sugar can give us uneasy. So I did that and it help me a little.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walker

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 02:42:49 PM »
This happens to me every morning. Usually it takes me about two hours of headphones in and writing / praying to leave the house. I am hoping this changes soon, but that's been my routine this week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Teran

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 03:42:48 PM »
I had started my own topic about my anxiety and mornings. I find that it is so sever I do not want to do anything all day.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: