Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: fear of something stuck in throat, please help!  (Read 179 times)

Offline lilsweety3926

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
fear of something stuck in throat, please help!
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:45:27 PM »
Hi all,
I am new here to the forum and I am hoping some can help me and also hoping I can help other on this site.  Here's my story...
On Dec. 23, while waiting for a friend for six hours at the ER I became very hunger.  Decided to get a sandwich from the hospital cafeteria.  I was eating my chicken ceasar wrap and when I swallowed it felt very SHARP.  I felt an instant sensation of panic, thinking that a chicken bone or something else got stuck in my throat. I played it cool for the rest of the day and but the next day went to my PCP.  She checked my breathing, which was normal and sent me to an ENT in the next morn.  The ENT put a scope down my nose to look at my throat.  He said all clear, probably a scratch and to come back in a week if I still felt symptoms.  Well Christmas and New Years passed and I still felt symptoms (swollen on right of throat, the occasional sharp sensation).  I went back to the ENT who scoped me again and didnt see anything.  He sent me for a CT scan of my throat without dye.  That was yesterday and I have not heard anything back yet, although it is the weekend and they said it would take a few business days.  I have fears that something is my throat and that will cause it to swell and suffocate me, or something will cut my throat that can kill me, or any other awful scenario.  Im afraid its something so small that the doc missed it.  I am also afraid that the CT will miss it?!.  lol OK i am rambling.  I am looking for advice and encouragement.  Please and thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilsweety3926

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: fear of something stuck in throat, please help!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 07:16:30 PM »
bump! please help :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 07:34:53 PM »
I think you're OK.  So much time has gone by and it seems your docs went above and beyond with tests - highly unlikely anything is still stuck which will cause trouble.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vasallus

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:47:15 AM »
If they had found anything serious in the CT scan they would not have been like "Sorry it is the weekend. Come back Monday." They would have acted immediately if they had seen something serious/life threatening.

Go easy on what food you eat and what you drink. If your throat is swollen from a scratch you need to be gentle with it and just try to calm down because anxiety can make your swallowing mechanism get wonky too. (I have this same problem)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: throat anxiety