Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Survey-  (Read 189 times)

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Survey-
« on: January 04, 2014, 11:41:07 AM »
What do you think started your health anxiety?  I`'m pretty sure mine was a gall bladdwe issue at age 62-never had ha before .  Now i worry i'm dying all the time-every thing is cancer in my mind.
Bookmark and Share

Online Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Survey-
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:43:51 AM »
I didn't really have health anxiety until I was in my early 20's but I think the seeds of my HA started to grown by watching my mom deal with HA when I was a kid. She had some legitimate medical issues (that she overcame) when I was about 10. This started her HA.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline EdnaLegume

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 11:54:16 AM »
I think since having children I've been a bit more aware of my health, but I think the straw that broke the camels back was getting my tubes tied in 2010 and about 6 weeks later everything went to hell.  I learned finally, that I had post tubal ligation syndrome, had a tubal ligation reversal and got back to my normal life.... for awhile.  After that I began over analyzing every single feeling, twinge, etc.  It didn't take long before I was trying to "perfect" my health... to no avail.  And now here I am.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 01:50:53 PM »
For me when I gave birth 18 months ago I haemorrhaged in childbirth and had to have my uterus contracted my a doctor I honestly thought I was gonna die. The full anxiety fully kicked off 6 months later I went to hospital with suspected asthma attack (they don't worry me I've had attacks since I was a baby) but the doctors took a big deal about my heart rate I think it raised due to my last episode on hospital, they tested for a over active fyroid. I was put on a ECG monitor what should of been a 3 hour max hospital trip lasted all day they wanted to do a test for a blood clot on my lung simply to rule it out. Well my tests came back high and was refered for a ct scan. The next few days I lived in terror I had to go to the hospital daily for blood thinning injections in my stomach. Now the scan was clear! Yippee?! But I then developed a obsession with my heart why is it fast etc? I really regret going to hospital that day I truly believe all this wouldn't of happened. My HA is more related to cancer fears and death now :( plus been pregnant and worrying about it happening again isn't helping. Hope we can all get through it. Gemma.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lilsweety3926

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 04:49:30 PM »
For me growing up with a mom who was very neurotic didnt help.  When I was 20 I saw my gramma experience a brain aneurysm and I feel like that was the beginning of it all.  About a year ago I went through a very bad breakup and now at 25 I feel as though my anxiety is at its worse. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 07:47:09 PM »
I can honestly say that I really don't worry about too much other than my heart - not just health wise, in general I don't worry a lot except that I obsess over my heart.

Sometimes I honestly think that I've subconsciously taken all of live's worries and wrapped them up into a single neat little package of heart anxiety.  In other words, I think that my heart anxiety is probably about a lot more than my heart.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: