Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello there, Forum! Liza9560 here. Pleased to meet you.  (Read 104 times)

Offline liza9560

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello there, Forum! Liza9560 here. Pleased to meet you.
« on: January 03, 2014, 10:46:32 PM »
Happy New Year to everyone!  Please allow me to introduce myself.

Liza9560 here, and I'm a 35 year-old vocalist in Austin, TX.  I've been dealing with some pretty heavy anxiety, panic and what I'm thinking has turned into depression since this past November.  I've had a lot of big changes hit me in my life in the last 6 mos., all on top of the normal lameness and loneliness that is life itself. 

I've been seeing a psychotherapist, although I've only seen her a few times and now the holidays have intervened on our sessions.  I'll resume seeing her next week, along with a psychiatrist proper.  The shrink will evaluate me and prescribe a medication they feel appropriate.

I don't drink alcohol; I haven't in over three years.  Never have been much of a drug-taker, but I have been a bona fide stoner for years.  However, in all this anxiety crap, I have really cut back on the weed; it doesn't make me feel fun any more, sadly.  Also, I quit smoking cigarettes about 5 mos. ago.

Hmmm...what else?  I dunno.  I'm happy to have found this forum.  I'm looking for a positive, supportive group through which to learn and grow and heal.  This crudola is so frightening sometimes, but I know I can come out on top.  Thanks for reading! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello there, Forum! Liza9560 here. Pleased to meet you.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 03:37:02 AM »
Hi Liza,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

I am sorry you are having to deal with anxiety, panic and depression.  I have been dealing with anxiety and panic for over 8 years now.  I have always gone the therapy route and it has helped me greatly in coping with the anxiety and panic and still live my life.  I hope you are able to find the right combination of medication and therapy that work for you.  I hope you find the information and support you are looking for on the site.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline liza9560

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello there, Forum! Liza9560 here. Pleased to meet you.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 02:20:44 AM »
Thanks so much, crikee57!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: