Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: returning wart is ruining my month  (Read 117 times)

Offline middlenamehypochondria

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
returning wart is ruining my month
« on: January 03, 2014, 08:55:36 AM »
I don't know why I'm fixated on a wart, I guess because it's my health anxiety fear of the month...  I was doing so well, I don't know what happened to cause this horrible anxiety to come back.  I know I'm being ridiculous.

I had a little bump on my hand for about a year, finally (last Feb) I went to the dermatologist and he thought it was a wart but I had picked at it so much he wasn't sure. (there wasn't much left to look at).  So he scraped it and sent it to be biopsied. It came back and the nurse called and said it was a wart.  Well it started growing back a couple of months after that.  Yesterday I went to another dermatologist and he looked at it and thought it was a wart, I told him I had it biopsied a year ago and he said if that pathology report said wart then it's a wart, let's freeze it off.  I have a fear that my previous dermatologist's office didn't read the pathology report right. I don't know why.  I actually have gotten this fear a few times over the last year and called them to ask exactly what the report said.  The nurses always seem to be friendly and always say...it's just a wart.  Well I don't know why I can't let it go.  Instead I fear it's nodular melanoma.  What is wrong with me?  Am I just looking for something to worry about?  I have been in an amazing relationship for almost six months now and it's like I can't enjoy it because I am looking for reasons to worry about something.  I feel like this is very irrational.  I even had them send me the report the first month they did it and I started googling technical terms and ended up throwing it out.  Well I had them send it to me today and it didn't look the same...I'm sure that's my overactive imagination.  Anyway, please help me out.  Anyone have a wart shaved off and have it grow back?  Anyone ever not trust a pathology report or doctor?  Why do you think we do this?  I guess I have a touch of OCD which they cause the doubting disease...  I have a great life, I love my job, my family and friends.  I hate how I constantly worry.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: