Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety and stress on neck and behind eyes  (Read 231 times)

Offline lana_belgrade

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxiety and stress on neck and behind eyes
« on: January 03, 2014, 07:10:08 AM »
In the 2012 I had fears of lupus, cancers, heart problems. I had a lot of symptoms. In two or three months the physical symptoms of anxiety disappeared.
Now, I have a difficult period in my life. My mother, 76 year old, is diagnosed with terminal stage of breast cancer with mets in whole body. Since last october, my anxiety is present. My symptoms are eye discomfort, eye strain and neck pain. Also, sometimes I feel pins and needles in fingers, arms or legs. I have also cervical headache and throbbing pain in the top of head... Is this only anxiety or something else?
And, I need an advice. How to stop obsessive thoughts about illness?
:fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety and stress on neck and behind eyes
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 11:46:36 AM »
Pretty sure there is a connection between the nerves and the neck running to your eyes.  I have read that straining in your neck can often manifest in the type of headached that feels like it is behind your eyes

I have been getting headaches behind the eyes for a while now, and it always seems worse when I have bouts of anxiety about health issues...including the headaches.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hmpcna74

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety and stress on neck and behind eyes
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 02:58:12 PM »
I have tension headaches all day, everyday. It's from anxiety and stress. I've learned if you clam down with a bath or by getting it off of your mind by any way you can find makes everything better. I usually just make myself comfortable and watch tv for a little while. Watch your posture and how you lay in bed at night. Everything to do with stress makes your body go insane. It messes with your intestines, your brain, your nerves. You're fine, just calm down and take YOU time.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: