Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I have a question for anyone who knows?  (Read 242 times)

Offline gibzster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have a question for anyone who knows?
« on: January 03, 2014, 02:49:58 AM »
How long does it take for a brain tumor to form?

I just had a ct scan 2 months ago, and it came back completely clear?

and also do you think I have a brain tumor?
I have had a mild headache for the last 4 days. It gets worse at times. Sometimes it is on top of my head, sometimes it is on the right side, and sometimes it is at the back. It keeps switching.
I have also had very  slight ghosting (partial double vision). The only objects that I see ghosting on are the ones with light being reflected off of them.
I also have slight trails.
I am just really scared. I contemplating going to the hospital in the morning.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I have a question for anyone who knows?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 04:12:55 AM »
most people who have brain tumors carry them for several years before any symptoms show up. So if you are getting symptoms now, and had a scan 2 months ago, the chance of you having a brain tumor is zero.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 05:24:26 PM »
Hey there! Let me tell you about my vision. Before I had LASIK in Sept 2013 I used to wear contacts since I was in the 6th grade. I'm 26 now. I was nearsighted and has astigmatism. I started seeing floaters when I was pregnant and didn't worry about it until my anxiety started 3 months after giving birth.

It was one day when I really didn't have anything to worry about until I noticed vertical double vision without my contacts or glasses on. It goes away when I squint. When I had contacts on I didn't see it. I went to my eye doctor and she diagnosed me with mild exotropia. I'm like WTf I don't have lazy eyes lol. It's very very mild , you can't even tell.

Anyways went to my consultation for the LASIK they did an exam to see if I was a candidate and I told them my problem, the doctor said I'm a good candidate and didn't seem concerned about my double vision. I even asked this eye doctor online and he said it's not true double vision if it goes away when you squint. It's just a refractive error.

Fast forward to the day of my LASIK, they checked my eyes twice because my surgeon wants to make sure that I'm not really seeing double. The surgeon wasn't the one that checked my eyes before surgery. Well they asked me how many things I could see blah blah and it turned out that I was fine. During the surgery the surgeon told me that I was seeing double was because of my astigmatism And that it will go away with LASIK.

Guess what?! Right after my surgery I could see perfect! 20/15. No more double.

I do see ghosting images but it's so minimal, only ya night when I'm looking at bright letters or sometimes when I'm looking at white letters on a black background.

Went back to have it checked cause I was scared still even though it's not really double it's just partially ghosting, like the bottom part of the words, right? And it only happens when I'm looking at bright letters or white words SOMETIMES.

The doctor said it's normal because it's still healing and my eyes are still very dry even if it doesn't feel dry.

Sorry for the long post. Do I still worry about a brain tumor or MS? Yes! It's just my anxiety. And plus you had a CT scan so you're fine.

Does your vision sound like mine?
Bookmark and Share

Offline john55

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 07:33:39 PM »
How long does it take for a brain tumor to form?

I just had a ct scan 2 months ago, and it came back completely clear?

and also do you think I have a brain tumor?
I have had a mild headache for the last 4 days. It gets worse at times. Sometimes it is on top of my head, sometimes it is on the right side, and sometimes it is at the back. It keeps switching.
I have also had very  slight ghosting (partial double vision). The only objects that I see ghosting on are the ones with light being reflected off of them.
I also have slight trails.
I am just really scared. I contemplating going to the hospital in the morning.

you definitely do NOT have a brain tumor. Do not go to a hospital. Its all anxiety. a ct scan would have definitely showed the tumor. They do not just grow in 2 months for no reason.
Bookmark and Share