Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Swine flu? Bad leg pain? I've had a bad week =( Help please  (Read 294 times)

Offline soccerash21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Swine flu? Bad leg pain? I've had a bad week =( Help please
« on: January 02, 2014, 10:25:53 PM »
Hi everyone-

My birthday is tomorrow, and instead of being excited, I'm in a panic. :(

I haven't had the best week. Last Saturday, I woke from a nap and had a panic attack for who knows what reason. My heart rate was high for about 7 hours, and I had a fever on and off. I decided to go to the ER since I couldn't get my heart rate down. They did an EKG, and did some blood work, all which came back fine, so it was ruled as anxiety. The following day, I started feeling like I had the flu. So Monday I went into a dr who said it was just viral, and that I just had to wait it out. I had a fever on and off for almost 4 days, headache, chills, cough. It finally seems like it is slowly going away, but last night I woke up with really bad pain on the back of both of my thighs, and I still have it. My husband thinks it's from being in a bed for pretty much 4 days straight. I usually workout 3-4 times a week, so I guess it could make sense? I still have the weird leg pain though, so it's worrying me.

And to top it all off, I just heard that there have been 2 or 3 confirmed cases of swine flu in my county, and that people are being hospitalized and one 28 year old woman died close to my area from it. So now I am terrified that the strain of flu that I have or am getting over is swine flu, and that it is going to kill me :(

and my husband just caught a fever today, so I am also worried that he has it.
Neither of us got the flu shot because we were told by a lot of people not to get it, so we didn't.

But I mean I am freaking about this swine flu thing.
Anyone have any advice?  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Swine flu? Bad leg pain? I've had a bad week =( Help please
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 06:31:28 AM »
Swine flu isn't all it is cracked up to be. Lot of media hype. I remember a few years back. The big panic over it. Yes people get the flu this of year a lot. But if you have the flu, stay in bed. Drink a lot of liquids. No doubt you have already read a lot on this. But most who die from it are sick already or are very old. Take your average healthy person, they would be fine. But just keep an eye on things over the next couple of days. Trust me it is just a lot of media hype. They need to sell papers and they tend to scare people along the way. Look at last year. We had hundreds of people on this section of the forum thinking the world was going to end. More media hype. It seems this swine flu has taken over from that other thing you get from the water in the US. Can't recall the name of it. But last year, late in the year, everybody was worried about that. Water up the nose and the likes. Going to die. Now swine flu has come along and taken its place. I am sure something new will come along soon.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Anxiousintexas247

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »
I live in Texas...where the swine flu is going around BAD.  :( my anxiety is in over drive because of it. Ive been debating all week whether or not to get myself & my four kids (ages: 5, 3, 2, & 8 months) vaccinated...but ive heard horror stories from the flu shot. People dying, becoming paralyzed, lowering immunity, all sorts of stuff  :fragend005: so im too scared for us to get it..and but im scared for us not to either. Ive stocked up on vitamins, lysol, germ x & clorox sanitizing wipes. My 5 yearo ld goes back to school Tuesday and shes in Kindergarten, im terrified shell catch the flu there  :traurig001: I wish i could offer you some advice, but im a wreck myself. Monday night we had a man in my county die from swine flu...now this morning i saw on *****, a man that lives in my county, his aunt came down here from Tennessee to help care for his sick mother and she ended up catching swine flu, now shes in ICU on a ventilator. And several from the county over from me have been hospitalized with it. Its terrifying. Im trying to tell myself its media hype like the previous poster said...but i cant ignore the stuff i see going on. Its just terrifying. Just want you to know you arent alone in your fears.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soccerash21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 08:39:31 PM »
Hi guys-
Thanks for the responses.

I'm still spazzing about whatever flu it is that I have, and my legs still
Have been hurting me and i can't seem to figure out why. I'm praying that it's just from flu aches or something and isn't anything terrible. :( This swine flu stuff is really scaring me, but i'm just trying to stay healthy and keep everything clean. But i'm still freaked!:(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: