Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Don't Know How To Describe...  (Read 254 times)

Offline ericdrobertson

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Don't Know How To Describe...
« on: January 02, 2014, 06:48:48 PM »
I've had existential anxiety for about a year now. Everything is literally losing meaning. I'm questioning the reality of everything. Like how is knowledge possible and everything causes me anxiety. What are thoughts? Where do they go? How do we rationalize? Why does what I'm typing have meaning!? Blah blah blah. It goes on and on. What do I do?
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Don't Know How To Describe...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 10:27:14 PM »
I've had thoughts like that too, but I never knew there was a name for it. My thoughts usually are, what is the meaning of life? what is this life for? is there a purpose for everything we go through in our lives? But, I always seem to come up with answers to my own questions. Don't know if you have a certain faith, but I'm a Christian believer and I think having faith is what helps me find my answers.

I'm not sure if I answered your question----I have to admit, I'm not sure what existential anxiety is....I'll have to read up on it :)

Bookmark and Share

Offline ericdrobertson

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 08:48:21 AM »
Well I like to think thy I am a Christian. I was actually a youth minister until I started having anxiety which basically eroded my faith. I've prayed for my pure simple faith to return but to no avail. My faith is what kept me sane and happy and when that was eroded I'm left where I am now
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 11:08:22 AM »
Hi Eric, sorry to hear that you've lost your faith. God knew people would sometimes succumb to anxiety that is why there are so many passages in the Bible on the topic of anxiety. Corinthians 1, 7:32 says, "Indeed I want you to be free from anxiety".

Do not be discouraged because of anxiety; this is when you should rely on your faith the most. Faith is believing in something you have no proof of. Sometimes there are no concrete answers to our questions, and I think, because their are no answers that is even more proof of something higher (God).

Best of luck to you :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline ericdrobertson

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 02:02:31 PM »
Thank you for your advice. I really would like to have a strong faith again in God. Right after I started havin anxiety and depression, which led to my existential anxiety, I started hearing and readin stuff in the Bible about how if one loses faith, they cannot be restored Hebrews 6:4-6 and also Hebrews 10 says something else and that severely agitated my anxiety to te brink if despair and that led to a long bout of derealization which is te scariest thing. I want nothing more than to have a deep faith in Jesus. I haven't lost my faith completely but I haven't been assured of my salvation or anything in about 10 months which has also eroded my faith. Prayers would be much appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 06:05:50 PM »
Eric, are you getting help for this? Counseling, etc.? Well, I will keep you in my prayers, and I hope that you find a way to get back your faith, I believe it is possible :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: