Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: why do we not beleive the test results  (Read 148 times)

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
why do we not beleive the test results
« on: January 02, 2014, 04:05:16 PM »
I have had every kind of test done-and i still know somethings wrong.  I feel poorly with all kinds random symptons.  So why cant my mind process that it has to be anxiety-everything else has been ruled out.  For me i think its the uncertany and the idea of death being real-and no one is going to dodge it.  I know there are some misdiagnois but  not the majority.  I think it hits harder as you get older-no one wants to die.  Any thoughts-
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: why do we not beleive the test results
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 04:30:09 PM »
and i still know somethings wrong.

you feel something is wrong, and that doesn't make it true, trust me. :)

One thing that helps me with HA is to make a schedule for the day, to fill it completely mostly with things that doesn't require deep thinking because that is really hard when you are anxious. So, going out with friends, exercise, bowling, seeing girlfriend etc. The thing is that you probably won't feel like doing anything when you are anxious (what's the point when you are terminally ill, right?), but stick to the schedule.

You can't control what you feel, but you can still control what you do, and this way, you will live your life even though you feel anxious and your anxious feelings may actually reduce, since you will not focus on your body so much.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 04:46:56 PM »
It is your bodies method of distracting you from some fear you have. I thought I had MS....tests show I don't and initial symptoms subsided. I feel a constant pressure in my eyes and head still and so I check all the time. If I take a xanax, its all but gone.

EverydaySunshine posted in my post today that the discomfort I feel in my eyes and head is fear and not actually my eyes and head I feel. I have had numerous tests to be assured.

That is it.....we fear something and we each have to figure out what that fear is.

To your point about getting older, how its harder to accept you will die. My grandparents and my dad both have said numerous time that they are ready to see God. My wifes grandma is in a nursing home and asks why won't god take me, I am ready to go home.

My wife, we thought she had a brain tumor two years ago due to constant ear ringing. She was as cool as a cucumber. Nothing was found and she said she thought that was interesting and yet still has ringing in her ear and I would never know.

She doesn't have a fear of death or sickness, just like my dad and grandparents.

For me.....when my HA kicked my but this time I really started to reflect on my son. I was thinking all these negative thoughts about him not having his dad and how sad he would be. Maybe thats my fear.

The key is to address the fear, but in a way thats positive. Thats what my therapist states anyway. Figure out what fear you have and why it is coming out in your bodily sensations.
Bookmark and Share

Offline EverydaySunshine

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 05:00:55 PM »
I agree that realizing death is a real thing that happens to everyone eventually is a scary, mindblowing thing - especially as we get older (or as I see it, more refined)   ;D

I also think there is a stigma to the phrase "its just anxiety"...which has the connotation "its just you acting crazy".  I firmly believe that anxiety is an illness like any other physical illness.  It means that it needs to be addressed and treated.  How would you feel if the doctor told you "Its just diabeties"?   Why wouldnt we act the same way for both?

Bookmark and Share

Tags: