Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Need help thinking positive  (Read 110 times)

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need help thinking positive
« on: January 02, 2014, 02:36:02 PM »
Haven't been on the board for awhile. I was at one time convinced that I had MS starting in October 2013. Started with leg tingling, aching after I googled. I continued to run and finally the leg issue went away but I read a few articles about guys whose first MS symptoms were with their head and eyes. My vision got blurry and eyes were sore then.

So I went for an eye exam with an optomap to see the optical nerves. All was great, even better than 20/20 vision. Still I couldn't stop focusing on my eyes. My Dr. suggested since it was colder already I probably had some sinus issues like I always do and I was just being hypersensative. Well I finally convinced him to give me a MRI of the brain and it was all clear.

I thought that would stop this like my past few HA scares but still my sinus pressure and dizzines were there. I have no developed what I can only define as panicc attacks. Some days are good but I seem to question everything and overthink it all. My past HA scares were bad but nothing like this one.

I don't think about MS anymore. Now I am just so focused on the anxiety it has made me anxious. My dr. has me on a sleeping pill and asked me to take Xanax one in the morning and once at night. I have been fighting taking it, ususally only in the evening and it does relax me a bunch.

I guess my issue is, I feel like I am gonna feel like this forever which I know is the absolute worse thing to think. I have started running again, eating anti-anxiety foods and working with a therapist.

He wants me to focus on repressed issues that are bubbling up causing my anxiety but I just want to tell him..figure out why the heck I am so afraid that my eyes an head will never feel normal again.

Anyone have any suggestions on things they did to break the negative cycle habit? Its like once I start feeling better my eyes get sore or head hurts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline EverydaySunshine

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need help thinking positive
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 03:24:24 PM »
The discomfort in your eye is not the problem (your medical visits proved that).  The discomfort in your eye is a symptom of a brain that is caught in a fear cycle.  What makes Anxiety hard for many of us is that it takes a long time to retrain the brain to break out of the fear cycle.  However, the good news is that the road you're on will get you there.

Remember, what you feel in your head and in your eyes is just your brain trying to find an outlet for its fear...its not a problem in itself.

I know where you are, and it sucks.  I hope this helps a little.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: