Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New to the Board  (Read 70 times)

Offline worriedgirl84

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to the Board
« on: January 02, 2014, 11:59:02 AM »
Hey everyone!

Ok so I feel a little silly being here. I definitely have health related anxiety and have had for my entire life. I guess I just never thought it would get to this point, but indeed it has!! I will tell you a little about myself:

I am 29 years old, usually healthy (so they say) mother of two (2,6) and married to my best friend. I have had pretty severe anxiety since childhood, as young as I can remember. It is usually based on topics such as death, dying, the world etc and it will always manifest itself in the form of illnesses that I am always sure I have. Sometimes I am right, sometimes wrong. That's what keeps this whole cycle going.

My Main concern right now is that in the past I always think about the symptoms I have and I need to almost look for them. The first subtle sign sends me flying into the Drs office. Recently, however, I think that I have real noticeable symptoms, and I have NOT went to the Dr out of fear! I know I sound crazy, but what can ya do? I am terrified. I spend most of my nights awake, thinking of my children not remembering me. I smoke too, which is awful and I want to quit but its so hard to do when dealing with this type of constant fear and worry. Its a chain reaction.

Maybe some of you will have some insight. I am hoping that talking about it here will calm me down a little and help to make me see this logically.

Thanks everyone!

Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to the Board
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 01:42:29 PM »
Hi worriedgirl,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: