Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pvcs pacs skipped heartbeats terrified  (Read 373 times)

Offline vtecturbo

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Pvcs pacs skipped heartbeats terrified
« on: January 02, 2014, 08:44:36 AM »
My skipped heartbeats pvc pacs whatever came back with full vengeance recently! It is so often that it is stressing in my mind n I can't ignore it. I had them 1 year ago n went to a cardio had 2ekg n wore a holter. EKG was normal n holter showed 461 skipped beats . Dr isn't too concerned and the annoying  beats can go away few weeks n come back few days. It came back with full recently. I was very worried about digestion issue a couple of months ago. N begin to feel it n when I begin to feel it I can no more ignore them! Should I go for another evaluation ?? I'm going insane !!  Anyone can help and advise ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline aardvark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pvcs pacs skipped heartbeats terrified
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 09:59:30 AM »
Your doctor or cardiologist really should be prescribing some medication to deal with this. I take Verapamil 80mg thrice daily and this significantly reduces the occurrence, and also the sensation, of any premature contractions.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vtecturbo

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 12:57:40 PM »
May I know wat are your symptoms initially ? That lead u to the medication ? What test had u done n wat r your results? Are ur contractions benign or due to some other issues?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Quetzal828

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 12:25:19 PM »
I've had PVCs since I was in the third grade. They're very noticeable and feel like my heart is turning over in my chest. I've had all sorts of medical analyses -- EKGs, echo cardiogram, holter monitor -- and all were normal. Doctors have repeatedly told me that everyone experiences these to varying degrees; for some people, it's more noticeable, especially if you have anxiety about it.

I take beta blockers for performance anxiety, and those seem to have reduced the frequency of the PVCs. I would say I have them once a day on average.

It might be worth examining lifestyle issues that may contribute to their increased frequency. I've found that insufficient sleep, too much caffeine, high stress levels and alcohol all aggravate the PVCs. Consistent, moderate exercise seems to help a lot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline HelplessInOk

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 02:23:53 PM »
I missed my bystolic(beta blocker) dose one night and I am trying to work myself back into the right schedule, but just getting off schedule that one day has caused my pvs/pacs to come back badly.   I feel your pain.   It is like sitting here having to convice myself all day long that I am not having a heart attack... I am not having a heart attack... I am not having a heart attack.    I work from home, so when they are bad, I can work and cry too.  Crying seems to help me, sort of releases some of the anxiety that I know is feeding into them and making them worse.   Man I wish I had an answer to them, I'd love to be free of them. Even with the bystalic, it isn't a 100% gone, it is just not as bad.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 02:34:43 PM »
I have been on Propranolol LA 80MG for over 7 years. The Propranolol does help, but I still get them and I
can't stand them either.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline aardvark

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 05:52:47 PM »
May I know wat are your symptoms initially ? That lead u to the medication ? What test had u done n wat r your results? Are ur contractions benign or due to some other issues?
I had a fairly serious attack of tachycardia while I was on holiday in the UK, where my heart rate accelerated to around 135bpm for several hours and had to be slowed down with drugs in a hospital setting. The UK cardiologist prescribed amiodarone, but the cardiologist here disagreed strongly with the prescription (rightly in my view: amiodarone is a very powerful and dangerous drug suitable only for people with potentially fatal arrhythmias) and switched me to verapamil. On the 40mg tablets thrice daily, I had occasional bouts of PACs (or possibly PVCs we've never actually established wish) so my GP increased the dosage to 80mg.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vtecturbo

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 12:25:51 PM »
I can get them any point of time. When they are better some days, they can go free from morning and full attack at night! Is very very very annoying , and it seems to be more after eating or felt gassy at the upper chest area... They can follow by a blech .. But of cos, it can come when I'm empty stomach ...it's making me crazy, upset and I really haven smile for a long time!
I am trying Chinese medication now . Tcm had another view of looking at this problem and some herbs to help .. I read about the description of the symptom and I felt 99% close to them. It's something about how , anger, sadness, joy, pain, etc causing imbalance to the overall "energy" of the heart. I'm not encouraging tcm here. But it really seems that there isn't any other hope with so many of us suffering these heartbeats. I will try n figure out n hopefully things improve and I can share them here.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: