Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Help!!!Is this normal!!!?  (Read 159 times)

Offline FrankyinNJ

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help!!!Is this normal!!!?
« on: January 02, 2014, 03:14:06 AM »
I wanted to first introduce myself, I'm Frank, I'm new to this forum because I'm new to this "fear" feeling. I couldn't resist joining a forum to help calm me down and get your thoughts.

So here is my story/symptoms:

I have not officially been diagnosed with Anxiety but I feel after reading I may be suffering from it.

My uncle passed away 45 days ago from complications from his heart. After he passed I started having difficulty breathing and felt severe chest pain.... Like a severe heartburn and this chest pain would go for days!!!  I would not be social, have headaches and constantly have difficulty breathing. This wasn't just for hours I'm talking about days. So 1 of the days I started to really freak out my body felt week and begged my Dad to take me to the hospital. He rushed me to an urgent care clinic and I was over breathing and hyperventilating fearing I was having a heart attack. So the doctor checked my blood pressure my breathing etc.... Her diagnosis was you are having HEARTBURN mixed with ANXIETY.

I couldn't believe that Anxiety caused the "GERD" as she called it. So about 4 days later I still felt it was tough to breathe and chest pains. I went to another doctor and told him. Urging for more.... He did an EKG and an CHEST Xray and he said it all looks good.

So for about 20-25 days after that  I was doing really well.. It didn't enter my mind. But all is a sudden I started having stomach pains and heartburn, and my stool would come out as Dirahea.  I started freaking out again!!!  That went in for a few days and the other day I started getting tingling sensations.

My hands and toes kept tingling, and they still are tingling right now as I type this because it's all I can think about. I feel fatigued as well! Currently right now as I type this I have stomach pain(no heartburn), I burp and it feels better, my toes and fingers tingle/numb for 4DAYS and breathing isn't easy!

What's strange is if I get my mind off it for a second the pain isnt there, the problem is it's all I can think about. I keep saying "why is my stomach feel like acid". Why is my stomach hurting me. Why are my toes and fingers tingling for 4 straight days. Plus an occasional headache.

It's SCARY! Plz tell me I'm not losing my mind. I'm 25 years old!! I haven't gone to doctor again because I've already gone twice. I'm tempted to get blood tested or CT scans BUT IDK !!

Are these normal? Thank you all. God Bless
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help!!!Is this normal!!!?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 06:06:53 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your uncle. Death can effect us all in different ways. Your uncle died with heart issues. You then begin to feel pains in your chest and other things that people with heart issues might have. I'm sure you see where I am going with this. I am sure on some level his death might have frightened you. Our minds can mimic things at times. That is what I think might be happening to you. Along with a few other common anxiety symptoms. The best way forward is to seek out help from a therapist. Just to sort out what might be going on inside your mind. Plus there is nothing wrong with going back to a doctor. You may need some short term medication. To help you get back on your feet again. Those are two important steps. The third step is the hard work we put in ourselves. We try not to let things bring us down. But therapy would show you ways to do that. Go get yourself some real help. We have all been there before. Taken those first few steps. It will help you find out what exactly is wrong with you. Once you know that you can begin to work to make things right again.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline FrankyinNJ

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 08:14:22 AM »
Thank you so much for your reply and kindness!

It's such a freaky feeling. Today I woke up with what I like to call a sleep head(it was numb) and I freaked out!!!! My body shaked and went crazy; but after a while it calmed down but still get the tingling sensation.

This is crazy how Anxiety takes over you
Bookmark and Share

Offline FrankyinNJ

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 03:16:26 PM »
Anybody else experience tingly sensations/numbness in their fingers/toes?
Bookmark and Share