Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Considering a Taper off of Remeron because of Weight Gain  (Read 1045 times)

Offline dh1972

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Considering a Taper off of Remeron because of Weight Gain
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2014, 11:01:53 PM »
Since my anxiety on Trazodone seems to happen after being on it for several days in a row, are there any issues if I just took it on an occasional night here or there?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Considering a Taper off of Remeron because of Weight Gain
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 12:23:25 AM »
Since my anxiety on Trazodone seems to happen after being on it for several days in a row, are there any issues if I just took it on an occasional night here or there?

Nope. Even with daily dosing for a week the short half-life means plasma levels at 50mg/day will drop to almost nothing in under 24 hours for most people, so each night starts with effectively a clean slate anyway. This is one reason why I wonder about the onset of anxiety after you've been on it for several days. It would only make sense if you are a very slow metabolizer, and even then I still don't understand why it would have that effect. If you are a slow metabolizer then you will still be sedated well into the morning.

At 50mg/day serotonergic activity never reaches levels that may drive anxiety. It could at 75mg/day, but only for 4-6 hours maximum, therefore it should still all be over by the next morning.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags:

anything