Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Currently feeling like I'm going insane!!  (Read 134 times)

Offline RobynJ

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Currently feeling like I'm going insane!!
« on: January 01, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »
I have a bump in my mouth (near the floor of my mouth) that I've had for around 3 months now. Despite seeing two different doctors, a dentist and having a blood test done (none of who were concerned and the blood test came back as normal) I've convinced myself they are all wrong and it's definitely a tumor. I've also been obsessively feeling around my mouth today which has also managed to convince me I'm getting another bump. The sensible part of me KNOWS it isn't a tumor and everything is fine but I really truly believe that it is something serious and I do not know how to cope with it. I try to distract myself as much as possible and do all of the things you're suppose to do to help anxiety but nothing really makes the worrying go away. I feel like I'm crazy. Does anyone else feel like this and/or have any tips on how to help ease the anxiety? Also should I be concerned?  :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Currently feeling like I'm going insane!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »
I've been in that position before where despite reassurance from medical pros I've doubted them and convinced myself they are wrong it's gonna be too late etc etc. But you need to accept there prognosis otherwise your gonna make yourself I'll. are u on meds or seeing anyone eg therapist? I am going through CBT and my attitude has changed I can now rationalise eg how likely is it that? It's more than likely just this... Etc. I currently have a lump in my gum, at first I thought omg a cyst or ulcer then it escalated to gum cancer then I thought IMF it's spread into my jaw bone etc but really I think it's probs my wisdom tooth dropping. The worst thing you can do is google. Google is my worst enemy id be fine then bam google says it could be this or that and I worry myself sick. But without a professional looking google doesn't know anything! Trust your doctors if you've had bloods done and second opinions you need to accept it. Ps no you shouldn't be concerned especially now u have had it checked. Relax focus on something else, listen to music, read a book, bake? Whatever u enjoy
Bookmark and Share

Offline RobynJ

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Currently feeling like I'm going insane!!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 05:23:20 AM »
I take citalopram 20mg daily and I have for around 6 months now. 80% of the time I'm fine and can cope with the anxiety but it's times like this when I really freak myself out. I saw my doctor again this morning and she said if things don't improve in the next month (with my anxiety) then she will up the dose of my medication. She also checked my bump again for me and said my mouth looks healthy and there is nothing to worry about. Yet I'm still worrying! I drive myself mad sometimes, haha!  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: