Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Looking for any advice from anybody!!  (Read 132 times)

Offline Dpunicorn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Looking for any advice from anybody!!
« on: January 01, 2014, 01:22:06 PM »
Okay so the last few days have been severely stressful and I think its affecting me really badly mentally. So first of all my depersonalization has been really progressing to the point where I am no longer comfortable ever. My sense of identity is gone, I have know idea who I am and when I look in the mirror and think deeply about who I am it freaks me out. Also I have developed a very bad cold which makes my depersonalization worse. The worst stressful event is that I had the worst panic attack of my life yesterday I was 100 percent sure that I was going to die. I couldnt breathe, I was lightheaded, felt like I was fainting etc. While I was at the hospital they gave me a anti-anxiety pill called lorezapam and it calmed me down. Anyways at the moment I think I'm either having a mental breakdown or going crazy. I feel so scared and confused. Just being human seems very foreign to me. I start deeply thinking about life. (What is it?, Why are we here). I feel like I'm just losing my mind. I just wanna know your guys opinions. Do you think all of these recent stressful events are making me feel temporarily worse or do you think I'm going crazy?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Artman9865

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Looking for any advice from anybody!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 01:42:34 PM »
stress can definitley cause this i have had the same problems lately all these thougts and stuf racing through my mind sometimes its suffocating you can go see your doctor they can always help even if ya only need help for a week or two. you can always try looking forward and know that this will pass and you will be feeling better in no time try and stay positive it helps.
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 03:09:33 PM »
Hi D...

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through.  You are certainly not alone, as I have been there on more than one occasion.  My anxiety has reached stages where I was sure I was going crazy.  I have gone to the emergency room on three occasions for panic attacks, and once it was so bad that I almost dialed 911.  Certainly any increase in stress can make things even worse.

If you feel that things are spiraling out of control, I would suggest that you consider seeing a health care professional.  It is not a weakness to seek help when one needs it.  I see a psychiatrist.  She is in charge of that aspect of my health care because she is a doctor.  She has provided me with a diagnosis, can prescribe medication, and also other forms of treatment, too.  I was started on the anti-depressant Citalopram (Celexa) some 5-6 weeks ago, and have seen much improvement.  At the end of the month, I will be seeing a therapist to start cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).  There are also things that my psychiatrist included in a treatment plan, for me to do on my own.  These include exercise, meditation, socializing, getting proper sleep, keeping hydrated (with water), and eating small, frequent, healthy meals.

No, you are not going crazy, D.  The very best to you!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 08:07:18 AM »
You may need some meds for a while and perhaps see a therapist, someone to talk to. I tend to think that holidays, expectations and stress that come at this time, can stir up the mind in new, confusing ways.

The "why are we here question" has no answer, in my mind. We have to create our own reasons, is how I see it. Do the best we can for those around us, try to understand ourself, be forgiving of others and ourself and learn all we can. CBT is helpful as is coming here, reading, thinking, posting. Would I give up the opportunity to give advice? Hardly. I give it freely, hoping I'll take some myself. Maybe that will make you smile.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jasmine84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 02:46:08 PM »
I feel the same way as you.I feel completely lost, I don't feel like myself at all.Im always in my head talking to myself trying to make sense of what I'm thinking/feeling.Seems like I'm in a altogether different world.If you need to talk let me know maybe we could help each other.
Bookmark and Share