Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I think i have mild seizure/mild epilepsy disorder? MRI brain showed DVA  (Read 386 times)

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I had an MRI of my brain and the only thing it showed was a developmental venous anomaly of the left temporal lobe. I had the MRI because finally after twitching for 7 months i went to a neurologist and he says it's probably just benign fasciculations. FOr the most part, they are on the right side of my face and that is where it started and lasted for about 3 months before it spread to other areas of my body, including the left side. THey are getting less and less, but still, i get twiching on the right side of my face. WHen it was really bad, it felt like my right cheek was being pulled back towards my ear. No one can see the twitches, i just feel them, and they don't hurt. I haven't talked to the neuro yet, but i got my results becasue i have access to see them. Of course i googled and it looks like DVAs are no big deal unless they are in the temp lobe, they can be associated with hemifacial spasm and seizures or epilepsy. As a child, i used to stutter a lot but not any more (left lobe controls speech coincidentally). Also, I remember twice hallucinating and seeing a wolf, it was so realistic, and also i remember having a very realistic out of body experience and i was floating above everybody and i remember seeing the top of their heads. Also, up until about age 12, i would smell pleasnat smells that were not really there, and i associated those smells with things or people and whatever i would smell would come true... it was really weird. I read those are actually all signs of a childhood epilepsy, it could be a paritial simple where you don't lose consciousness. All that stopped as i got older, and i only ever had one seizure when i was around 19 but i never told anybody or any doctor... i didn't think it was a big deal. I lost consciousness and my friends said my eyes were rolling in the back of my head and i was convulsing. I woke up and i was fine. Flash forward to today. For the past 4 years, i have been getting migraines with aura, and right before i get them, i experience this awesome sense of euphoria which i love... but then the aura starts and then 20 minutes later i feel like crap. I only get them 3 or 4 times a year. THis past month though, i had a strange headache which lasted 11 days... then i did some self help tips such as avoiding the computer and doing neck exercises and it went away, i went to work on monday and it came back and i no why it's from having to stare at the computer screen all day. Bright lights affect me and make me feel really weird and uneasy. Same thing happens when i shop in stores with really bright lighting, it makes me feel out of it. So my question is i think i am so tired all the time and get headaches because i am not getting proper sleep because i have some mild form of seizure or mild epilepsy causes by the DVA in my temporal lobe. I think it was worse as a kid but i grew out of it. I wonder if i took anti-seizure medication if that would help me sleep better at night and then i wouldnt be tired during the day and have these headaches. I didn't tell the neurologist about any of this. Should i tell him about this? Or should i just wait to see what he says first? I didn't tell him about the headaches or the one time seizure or any of that stuff because i was just so focused on what to do to make the twitching stop
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
by the way i don't know why this posted twice. I tried posted and it would n't post so then i changed the subject line and it posted twice.... weird
Bookmark and Share

Offline LittleFlower

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
I dont know if i have dva or not (ctscan with contrast was done today) but the same thing happens to me if im in a place with bright lights and with lots of things...i also get lightheaded, feel like i cant breath, hands get sweaty and more...

I think you should tell your doctor next time you see him.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 226
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
who knows if you are having seizures? ... we anxious folks don't have a very good track record with our prognostications especially when they are formed 'researching' stuff online...   :winking0008:

I will tell you that my daughter has a serious seizure disorder.   Her first seizures began in her  right temporal lobe at age 12.  she is now 27.  She has 'multi-focal' seizures, which means seizures that occur all over her brain.   We see all types of seizures.   :yes:   She is presently on three seizure meds.  Just an FYI--- being on seizure meds do NOT assure sleeping well.  No, not at all.  Some nights my daughter sleeps like a rock.  Other nights she doesn't go to sleep until 2 am.  Some nights she falls right off only to wake a few hours later.    Many folks think having a seizure means you sleep after.  My daughter doesn't.  If she has a complex partial seizure, she is wound up for hours.  She can't or won't even eat.  If she has a tonic/clonic (gran mal) she will emerge from them a bit confused for a few minutes and then act completely normal...

anyway before you diagnose yourself with a seizure disorder, have a good heart to heart with your neurologist.   Which means you tell him every thing pertinent.  That absolutely means the possible seizure you had a while back.  It means all of the childhood stuff.   How is a doc supposed to help patients when he/she doesn't have an accurate medical history?   :winking0008: :yes:

good luck and be well
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Tags: