Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Lymphoma fears creeping back  (Read 205 times)

Offline Hypomania

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymphoma fears creeping back
« on: December 31, 2013, 05:57:57 PM »
Haven't been here in a couple of years almost... as I thought I had my hypochondria under control. Well now creeping fears of lymphoma are back.

You could probably look through my past posts and see that this is a recurring fear, but long story short, I had a fear of follicular lymphoma that lasted almost half a year and it really messed my life up during that period of time (fiance left, dropped out of grad school, unemployed, etc), as I let it spin out of control and I was convinced I was dying no matter how many doctors told me I was fine.

Anyway, I don't want to repeat that, so I'm trying to control my anxieties as much as possible, however I discovered a new node that has me a little worried.

The other day I noticed that I have a palpable epitrochlear node in my left arm (located on the inside of the arm, by the crook of the elbow where the bicep meets the forearm). It is highly mobile, so much that I can "pick it up" between my two fingers and move it around. It's really small, probably less than .5cm.

I just wanted to see if anyone has ever experienced this or found something in a similar region?

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypomania

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymphoma fears creeping back
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 08:53:22 PM »
no one?
Bookmark and Share

Offline LillyVDR

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymphoma fears creeping back
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 09:54:58 AM »
I wouldn't worry about it. It might be a simple lipoma, a little bag of fat. But just get it checked by a GP, he or she can definitely tell if it is a lymph node and if indeed it is swollen.

I am also passing through a lymphoma scare because my tonsils are not equal in size. My GP assured me it was not to worry about and I still cant stop worrying.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: