Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Sinus infection or tumor?  (Read 228 times)

Offline Baseball1221

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sinus infection or tumor?
« on: December 31, 2013, 03:45:22 PM »
Hey i posted here a while ago with a scare that i have a brain tumour. My symptoms have gotten quite a bit better since. However, the headaches still keeping up but getting a little bit better. They are by my left ear, temple area. also sometimes get weak legs and facial tingling.
So i went to the dentist to see if my wisdom teeth coming in could be the problem (I'm 16) . Turns out they are all in and 2 have impacted the molars so I'm getting them removed. However, in my dental X-ray was a cloudy ball looking figure on my sinus in my cheek. she said she thinks its a sinus infection and prescribed me with medication to clear it up. my nose is also pretty congested and sometimes i get pain in there that doesn't last very long.
But it looks so much like a tumour to me! I have a link to tinypic where i posted the pic, someone please tell me your opinions.
Thx
http://tinypic.com/r/sl7nh2/5
Bookmark and Share

Offline Silas1066

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sinus infection or tumor?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 06:56:33 PM »
I just noticed this post and thought I would comment.

I am not a doctor, but I do know that polyps in the sinuses are very common. I am sure they can happen in the maxillary as well as the other cavities. There are also benign cysts. Cancer in the cavities is very, very rare.

Or, as the doctor indicated, it may just be a big infection in there. Treatment would be antibiotics, nasal irrigation using a machine, and follow this up by a nasal steroid to reduce the polyp (if there is one).

Let us know how it goes
Bookmark and Share

Tags: