Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Difficutly sleeping making me ill and bad anxiety...  (Read 147 times)

Offline LouiseThomy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Difficutly sleeping making me ill and bad anxiety...
« on: December 31, 2013, 06:40:48 AM »
I'm 18 and I've had GAD for 5 years now and it affects me more when I have lack of sleep.
Lately it's almost as if I have to force myself to breathe, basically I try and get and early night and always no matter what end up sleeping around 3am and it's making my anxiety 10x worse and I read on the internet (shouldn't have) that it can cause heart disease and even death, and I have heart palpitations and it's got me thinking that something bad will happen.
I feel dizzy, my eyes feel heavy and I have bags under them! I have no energy, get out of breath easily, it feels hard to breathe, my chest feels tight, everything aches.
The reason I can't get to sleep is because it generally feels hard to breath, like the way I breathe feels light and slow and feels like it will get slower and eventually stop in my sleep, I'm so scared!
The most annoying this is that right now I'm tired (it's 12:30pm) in the day and when I got to bed to get an early night I'm wide awake!

Has anyone else suffered with this at all and how did you get over it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Difficutly sleeping making me ill and bad anxiety...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 07:06:28 AM »
GAD does affect our sleep and vice versa lack of sleep has an affect on our anxiety...kinda vicious circle. You won't die from it but I understand how you feel cus I suffered from insomnia too (anxiety related and later due to meds). What helped me in the long run was hot baths with soothing essential oils (like lavender, jasmine, clary sage, patchouli etc.), yoga, meditation, mindfullness. Going to bed on time is important. If you cannot fall asleep right away, it's useless to struggle trying to force yourself to sleep. In that case it's better to get out of the bed and go do something for awhile.

Are you on any meds or in therapy?

Feel better soon!
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags: