Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Last dose on Xanax..tomorrow ill have none i know ill panic..Need help..  (Read 290 times)

Offline LostKeys

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Took my last dose of xanax tongiht and i will not have anymore until i can get a new doctor...i know ima have that foggy panicy feeling and everything else that comes with anxiety need some tips on what i can/could/should do =-(
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Last dose on Xanax..tomorrow ill have none i know ill panic..Need help..
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:25:34 AM »
It really depends on how long you have been taken xanax for and what dose you are on. If the dose is high and you have been on it for a long time you could approach a hospital and tell them your story as far as doctors go and they could hook you up with some until you find the new doctor. If it was a low dose for a week or two I doubt you will experience anything bad at all. So depends on the time frame and the dose. You could try something natural. From health food shops. May help you over the worse. If making another post write up how long you have been taken it for and the dose so anybody else reading it can tell you what to expect.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline LostKeys

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 06:16:22 PM »
well i took it for about 3 years now it was just 3 .5mg pills a day so it wasnt that high of a dosage but i have been off them from the doctor (obamacare) for about 2 months but i had old ones from when my wife took them and i went down to 2 a day..now natural stuff id love to try and for more info on my i have history of hyperthyroid and i do have high blood pressure and take beta blockers twice a day. thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:51:28 AM »
Not sure if this will help. Have you noticed a sensitivity to caffeine? If so, do every thing you can to STAY AWAY from it during your non-pill phase!

There is a natural remedy that I give my dog after her seizures called Rescue Remedy. It seems to help her quite a bit to relax. They have it in human form as well (though I have never tried it.) I have something called Panic Button that I got at a natural foods store that helps me if I'm just having mild anxiety.

My only other suggestion (at this point) is to try to stay as far away from your known triggers as possible! Just take things one moment or even one breath at a time!

Best of luck
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline Frotob

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 01:44:43 PM »
You may want to do as Cuchulan suggested and visit a hospital or a walk in clinic and explain to them your situation before you try to go without it. 3 years is a long time, and 1.5mg daily isn't really a small dose of xanax. It's not really recommended that you just stop taking them suddenly or you run the risk of pretty severe withdrawal symptoms. A walk in clinic doctor shouldn't have any problem filling a prescription for you until you find another doctor, because it's medically irresponsible for them to allow you to go without it having taking it so long.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Artman9865

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 02:11:49 PM »
I agree with going to the hospital if you need to  see how you feel and if it gets to bad going to the hospital is always an option my mother in law had to go before for anxiety and they sent her home with some ativan to get her through till she could see a doctor. I myself don't have insurance and thankfully my doctor bills me and Ii can make low payments so if you can find a doc and you don'thhave insurance that would help if they will bill you. Good luck and i hope ya feel better
Bookmark and Share

Offline LostKeys

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 03:41:59 PM »
Well what happened is i lost the meds about 2 months ago and i have been using old xanax, they were my wifes and she never took them so i thought id be okay on them but no luck getting a doctor every place i have called is full or will not take new patients. its just hard last night had huge panic attack for about an hour before it stopped but was up til 9 am could sleep for nothing
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunflower

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 04:04:24 PM »
Don't fight the panic. Expect it and let it come.
What's the worst it can do? It can't harm you. Let it come, will it on. And once you have done this you will
Be free. :)

I hope this helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LostKeys

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 10:23:41 PM »
I ended up goign to the hospital tonight...blood presssure was crazy high 163/97 they gave me a dose of xanax 20 mins later felt alot more chilled out
they gave me a 5 day script im just praying i can get into somewhere soon..i cant do this stuff...i do appreciate saying to tought it out basicly but i dont think im strong enough for that thank you all
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 08:17:09 AM »
5 Days is 5 more days than you had before! Don't feel bad about it!! I know that rx's are not my answer, but you know, in the heat of the moment, they are the fastest thing to calm me down!

I'm not sure if they have this where you live, Lost, but here if I look up the local hospital/medical group I can find a list of associated providers that are taking new patients. If you have that ability, maybe it would speed up you getting into see someone. You may be able to even call your local hospital or crisis team and see if they can get you in to see someone on an emergency type basis.

I hope this gave you someplace to start looking for a doc. But if nothing else, I want you to know you are NOT alone, and lots of us understand what you are going through! "One breath at a time" is my mantra for most of my anxiety days.
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Tags: