Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Foam/Bubbles in urine  (Read 424 times)

Offline Brody108

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Foam/Bubbles in urine
« on: December 30, 2013, 07:54:57 PM »
So this is my new obsession and I can't take this anymore. I really don't know what it's a sign of or if it fits with current "diseases". I got it from other posts on here. I think I may have seen someone say it means blood is in the urine and some say it's protein which means kidney failure. Is this a symptom of HIV?!

It's not every time I go, but I do see it through the day. I think I just need to have another physical.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynnlee22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Foam/Bubbles in urine
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
Hi. I know from personal experience that bubbles and foam in urine can indicate protein loss, but I've been losing protein for 10+ years and I'm still within normal range of kidney function. If it isn't every time, it could also just be the force of the urine as it reaches the bowl. There is a quick dipstick test that can check for protein loss. A doctor's office will do it with a routine urinalysis or you can buy the test strips and check yourself. Good luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brody108

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 09:26:28 PM »
How can I have kidney failure though?! I drink ACV every morning. I take a tablespoon of coconut oil in morning & night. I barely drink soda and only drink socially once a week.

I hope this isn't the start to multiple organ system failure. I try too damn hard to be healthy so I won't have health issues and then this happens. I'm just not ready to die
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynnlee22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 09:39:13 PM »
Even if (and that's just and if) it is protein loss, that doesn't mean kidney failure--it could mean anything. My nephrologist told me some people just lose protein, sometimes it can be vitamins, sometimes it can be dietary. Unless you are experiencing edema or high blood pressure, I seriously doubt you have kidney problems.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brody108

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 01:34:38 AM »
Just has the biggest panic attack. My back tensed up and I couldn't stop my legs from shaking. Had to sit down and call my mom and get her to calm me down. I know this all because of this cold I have. I just wish I could go back in time and move before the pole hit me and made me think I had tetanus. I was healthy and knew I was healthy before that point. I came home and slept at night without a worry. I exercised daily. I had a personal life. Now I'm just a train wreck. I think the only way I can get back to being myself is going to get tested again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 01:39:43 AM »
Just so you know, foam in your first morning urine is super common and very, very normal. As you sleep, the protein builds up overnight until it gets released. This is not a sign of kidney failure.

The last time I saw my OBGYN, I had foamy urine, and it was pretty dark, too. The nurse asked me if it was my first morning urine, which it was, and she said that everything was okay then. It was just the proteins from overnight.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Brody108

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 04:44:20 AM »
Now I think I'm having night sweats! Bed isn't visibly wet nor does it feel wet but I just woke up and my legs feel moist.

I'm about ready to go to the ER. No way I'm gonna be able to sleep tonight.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 06:17:37 AM »
If you're a male, make sure you sit when you pee and pee against the side of the toilet - that will eliminate foam from the pressure of the urine hitting the water and tell you if you actually have foam in your urine or not.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brody108

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 03:06:13 PM »
Now I've made myself have lower back pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CaliforniaDreamer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 04:01:26 PM »
I think this is very common in males. I was worried once because my mid day urine was foamy. My husband said his urine gets foamy and bubbly too, this was a year ago and he does not have kidney or organ failure.

I'm sure the force of urinating causes the bubbling. Maybe try sitting down and urinating and see if it is less foamy. Even is it's not, you would probably be having a lot more symptoms if you had kidney failure.

Back pain is very common when you are stressed and holding all this tension. I have lower back pain all the time
Bookmark and Share

Offline averagejoeblow

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 08:20:35 PM »
I just went through this.  I have trace amounts of blood and sometimes trace amounts of protein in my urine, and I'm also mildly diabetic.  They sent me for a full blood workup and to the urologist and I was just convinced it was kidney cancer or bladder cancer or kidney disease.  Turns out, after all the tests, it doesn't appear to be any of those.  Just happens....  I finally quit worrying about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brody108

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 09:20:28 PM »
I was in the restroom today and another guy was peeing too. He didn't flush so I went and checked behind him and his was actual foam...looked like someone poured a beer in the toilet. I had bubbles that disappeared. Crazy how my HA had me spy on someone else's pee.

I just haven't been this anxious in awhile and I had a total melt down last night. A cold of all things drove me over the edge.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: