Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: cancer or heart problem  (Read 120 times)

Offline mkgirl01

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
cancer or heart problem
« on: December 30, 2013, 04:26:40 PM »
so i have had this pain in my chest on the left side for about 2 or so months ... it also goes to my back... im terriffied its lung cancer or heart problem.. .i am a smoker but im the process of quitting.... it will hurt worse esp in my back when i move but i can be sitting still can it can hurt.... about 8 months ago i had chect xray and ct along with blood work 6 ekgs hoilter monitor and a echocardigram... soooo what are the odds its either cancer of heart problem... i also at time will have breathlessness i smokes for 1 year when i was 18 and i am now 21 and have smoked for about 4 months advice?????
Bookmark and Share

Offline mkgirl01

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: cancer or heart problem
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 06:09:42 PM »
Anyone???????
Bookmark and Share

Offline olethros

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 06:22:42 PM »
If you just had all that work 8 months ago, it's not very likely it's either lung cancer or a heart issue causing that, particularly at 21. That said, smoking isn't good for you as you obviously know and I'd encourage you in your quest to quit. Make it happen! It's a new year, and you can do this. So many people quit, and if you continue on it's only going to make your anxiety about your health considerably worse. It's such an easily controllable thing - hang in there, see it through, and kick the habit for good!

There's a number of things that could be causing your pain that are benign. If you have a small muscle injury, even a slight "crick" in a muscle, that could do it. Or if your back is a bit out of alignment or something that can happen. Posture can affect those things, too. Especially if you're focusing on it...
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 06:23:26 PM »
Hi mkgirl.  When we battle HA, we battle a few things.  First of all, we battle accepting the diagnosis.  Second of all, we battle jumping from disease to disease.  Surely there must be a deadly reason that we're experiencing these symptoms, right?  Surely it can't be my mind doing this to me, right?

I too get awful chest pains, and I too have had numerous cardiac tests, all come back clear.  I have had it all, or at least I thought I have.  The only real path to lasting peace is accepting the diagnosis' at face value and moving on.  I know it's hard, I struggle with it myself, but any little breakthrough I've ever had revolves around that concept.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline i960

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 07:34:59 PM »
Sounds like costochondritis - which is completely benign, but can be painfully annoying. If you've been smoking for 1 year, 4 months etc, it's extremely unlikely you have any kind of cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: