Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Sick and tired...  (Read 106 times)

Offline Suz66

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sick and tired...
« on: December 30, 2013, 03:42:25 PM »
I've had anxiety off and on for about 10 years now, but never have I experienced these fears about having a "life threatening" disease while experiencing symptoms of anxiety. Now I can't seem to get away from these fears. I'm a self-sufficient, independent mom of three grown children, and I consider myself to be a very strong person, but lately, I've just felt weak. Every new symptom of anxiety I experience, I'm fearful that it is a symptom of one disease or another. I've been to my doctor several times, and even urgent care, where they've done a full battery of tests, all with normal results. Yet I can't shake these fears....I'm driving myself crazy, and am frustrated with myself for feeling this way. I've never experienced these irrational health fears, and frankly, I'm fed up with myself. This additional fear and stress seems to just snowball my anxiety symptoms and keep them active. I've sworn off Googling my symptoms, because that only makes them worse. Any words of wisdom on how to move away from hypochondriasis?
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sick and tired...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »
Well, although this won't be much help too you - thank you for your post, because how you have described your feelings is exactly how I am feeling too. I now don't feel so alone and so crazy! have never ever been concerned with my health, always my children never mine. Now I can't work out whether I truly have an illness or whether it is anxiety that is showing itself in ways I have never experienced!!!

Your are right about google, I think that is what I must do too. I was readin on sinusitis on Christmas eve and read a snippet about brain fluid leaking from nostrils - well that was me even more convinced I have some terrible incurable illness!
 Which my husband thought highly amusing!

I hope that you are able to find a way out of this horrible cycle and find a way to channel these anxieties.

Sorry if my reply hasn't helped, I just wanted to say I know what you are thinking and feeling.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sick and tired...
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »
I feel the same way. For me I did have issues with anxiety in high school, but it went away and didn't rear it's ugly head again until about 4 years ago. For me it's almost always my heart, and you'd think after 4 years I'd be convinced it was 'just' anxiety but my symptoms change and get worse so I can never know for sure. I'd give anything to just be able to enjoy my life like a normal person instead of feeling like I'm at deaths door every day.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: