Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Depression taking over life  (Read 477 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Depression taking over life
« on: December 30, 2013, 08:05:53 AM »
I have always had a problem with depression.  Whether it be from issues with not being in a relationship, my hypochondria, or my anxiety.  It never seems to get better and I only see it getting worse.  All of these issues that are going on in my life are encompassing my life and my depression is getting worse and worse as they days go by.

I use to have my good and bad days but now it's just bad all the time.  I always have thoughts running through my head, and they're never positive.  I honestly haven't felt so low.  I have heard some people say that when someone dies they're the happiest person in the room - and I have to agree on that.  You don't need to worry about anything anymore.

What can I do about this?  If I start to feel like I'm getting better, I will have one negative thought and it goes downhill from there.  I want to just be myself again.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
Re: Depression taking over life
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 10:20:57 AM »
Yes, indeed, if we have tendencies toward it, it will take over if we let it. I understand its roots in me. Maybe it would help you to understand your origins. It can be organic in the brain, genetic, environmental, etc.

Depending on the severity, depending on your determination to fight it, you may need prof. help, may need meds, or put on your boxing gloves and fight it. For me it's the boxing gloves, CBT, exercise, journaling, meditation. Just think of this, the nice part for the likes of us is that shutting the eyes for good won't be tough. Something to look forward to, everyone else dreads. Until then I fight it every day and often enjoy myself, almost out of spite I sometimes think.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 09:11:27 AM »
I agree with tinam7.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline octbaby

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:22:59 PM »
Hi I have dealt with depression for years and know exactly what you feel. Over the years it has gotten worse so I decide to start an anti depressant because i was done feeling numb all the time.  I have been on lexapro for four weeks and have felt better. I just got changed to celexa and so far I feel pretty good. I didn't want to be dependent on a medication but decided that I want the old me back and to enjoy life once again and nothing else was working. Do what you have to do but do something. It sucks feeling like this and you can get back to the old you with hard work. Good luck and hang in there
Bookmark and Share

Offline fallentofar

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 10:20:16 PM »
I hide it.  I guess im that person that you don't expect to be sad.  I agree meds or boxing gloves.  Im still using the boxing gloves.  I can say I have sunk down to a point I Should have gotten meds.  Keep fighting
Bookmark and Share

Tags: