Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Physically exhausted from earworm.  (Read 270 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Physically exhausted from earworm.
« on: December 30, 2013, 05:21:12 AM »
(I moved this to a more appropriate section)

I first posted on here awhile back about having a constant earworm for over 1 year and this has not stopped since.  It was October of 2012 when I heard the song and ever since then I had it popping in and out of my head.  Before I would forget about it and then it would just pop back in and then forget it again.  But ever since late October it has not left no matter what I do and I am beginning to worry.

One example is that when I am trying to go to bed I feel anxious for no reason because of the song.  And what happens is that I will have drenching night sweats and nightmares/night terrors on the nights I am anxious about this.  I literally feel physically exhausted now because of this.  I have headaches, and I am very tired as well.

All I can say is I am almost at my wits end with this since it's not going anywhere.  Everyone I tell this to looks at me like I'm stupid and says that it will go away eventually...but it won't.  What am I suppose to do?  I don't want to live like this for the rest of my life...never having a quiet thought again, especially because it's the same song and not different songs.  But I find it ironic because I heard that song plenty of times before and it never got stuck in my head before.

And my hypochondria isn't even distracting me anymore, the song seems to be more important to my brain.   :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Physically exhausted from earworm.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 07:15:06 AM »
What do you do to cope? Do you just let it 'play' in your mind or do you try blocking it etc.? When I dealt with intrusive thoughts I found out that the only way I can make them go away is just let them be, without paying any particular attention to them. Are you on any meds or in therapy for your health anxiety if you don't mind me asking?

Hope it goes away soon!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 06:27:47 PM »
Currently I'm not on any medication.  I just can't understand why this is happening to me.  The song is almost just in the back of my head.  Because even if I'm doing something else, I will have that thought lingering.  I only had one instance in the past 2 months since this began again when I wasn't playing the song and that's when I was having a conversation with a friend of mine.

But as soon as the conversation was over my brain pretty much said "oh the song is gone, we need to replay it."  That's literally what it feels like...that my brain says that I need to play the song over and over again.  I don't want to think about the song because I just don't like it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 03:04:31 AM »
Thank you for further explaining. I hope someone can relate or give you some useful advice!
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags: