Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Worried I will die in my sleep from a heart attack  (Read 130 times)

Offline skleep

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried I will die in my sleep from a heart attack
« on: December 30, 2013, 03:43:48 AM »
My mom told me a while ago that when I was little, I had an irregular heartbeat (sometimes rapid) and that she took me to the doctor, who told her it was no big deal and I'd grow out of it.  As an adult, I don't experience this.  She's told me to calm down about it, and that it's normal, but she can't remember the name of the condition (I'm not sure if the doctor even GAVE her a name for the condition, it was well over 20 years ago)

Should I calm down about this, or is it worth getting an AKG?  Can kids have rapid heartbeats/palpitations they "grow out of" without it being a serious problem down the road?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried I will die in my sleep from a heart attack
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:38:45 AM »
I am confused a bit here. So both you are and your boyfriend had heart problems when you where both younger? I just answered the one about your boyfriend. I think your mind is fixated on heart problems that don't really exist. You are now an adult. I am sure you would have noticed something growing up. The fact that you are worried about your boyfriend with the exact same issue shows that it is all in your mind. I am sure you are both healthy people. If you want to get checked out then do so. But accept the results.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried I will die in my sleep from a heart attack
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 08:04:35 AM »
I am sure if it was serious, then the doctor would have followed up. I have never heard of someone
growing out of a heart issue. If it were me, I would obtain your medical records and show them to
your current physician.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: