Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello, I'm New...  (Read 110 times)

Offline PawShapedHeart

• Animal Loving Nerd
  • Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • "Its like your not even trying..."
    • Poke This Member
Hello, I'm New...
« on: December 30, 2013, 12:33:53 AM »
Hello I'm Becky, I'm 26 years old, I've had anxiety all my life but was diagnosed when I was 19/20. I'm also ADHD, Chronic Depression, Hypochondriac all trapped in a creative mind. I've recently finished my college coursework for an Associate of Animal Science and will graduate with honors in May 2014, and I live with 4 animals (one dog and three cats). My anxiety started out as just simple social anxiety when making presentations at school and somehow developed into full on panic attacks for no reason at any random time. My hypochondriac-ism only makes my panic worse but I'm slowly starting to solve the mystery of my head. In fact, what brings me here is I was up late one night with an unknown anxiety attack (which I hadn't had in a while) and I just wanted an answer from Dr. Google  and it brought me here. This looks like the ideal place for me to talk with others without getting the reiteration of "Just work through it, you'll be fine". It's nice to find a place where I know I'm not the only one feeling this way, and just scanning the forums, I've already found multiple cases of the same symptoms that I've experience and solutions given here are anything better then what I could of gotten from Dr. Google or someone who does not go through the same thing. Thank you for opening up a community like this.
Bookmark and Share
:party-smiley-006:Happy Christmas and a Wondrous New Year :party-smiley-006:

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello, I'm New...
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 03:57:40 AM »
Hi Becky,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags:

anything