Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Looking for some feedback - muscles feel weak / sore when I DON'T workout  (Read 164 times)

Offline JCWest

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Hey guys,

This is really strange, and I'm hoping someone can shed some light on what's going on. My legs have been hurting and feeling weak on and off for the past month. The thing is, they're totally fine when I'm at the gym (I have been doing really intense cardio) and the day after, there's normal post-gym pain, yet the weak feeling is completely gone.

If I leave it for a few days and don't go to the gym, my legs start to feel really weak and annoyingly painful; knees will feel weak walking somewhere, hamstrings feel kind of off, etc. I even went about 5 days without going to the gym to see if it would go away, and it just got worse.

I'm in a much better spot than I was a few years ago with my HA, however this has me shaking my head. It definitely started when my anxiety shot up late last month, literally the same day, so I'm trying not to pay too much attention to it, but could use some reinforcement.

Perhaps there's a delayed build-up of lactic acid or the post-workout feeling is just masking the otherwise anxious state my muscles are feeling?

Thanks  :laugh3: :fragend005:
JC
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Looking for some feedback - muscles feel weak / sore when I DON'T workout
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:44:22 AM »
It could just be a symptom of anxiety. My muscles hurt if I do nothing. Like if I sit around. They can really hurt. I get up and move around and go for walks they loosing up again and the pain goes away. Even if it is just walking around the house, up and down the stairs, for ten minutes, it is better than doing nothing. The fact you feel good at the gym shows you are in good shape. Working out might be burning any anxiety you might have. Because anxiety is like an energy. Few leg exercises daily and you should be in top form.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Looking for some feedback - muscles feel weak / sore when I DON'T workout
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 06:44:05 AM »
I had an issue like this a while back, and because this is the sorta thing i do, i did an experiment. Late at night I read a whole bunch of good creepypastas. Not terrifying ones, but unnerving ones. after I forgot why I'd started doing so, I got up.

And the pain was undeniable. I had been sitting there tense the entire time without noticing, and strained myself just from it. Hurt way more than I do after exercising. After that, there was no denying just how much anxiety can cause muscle strain. And I believe it hurts so much because its not the same sort of stress muscles get when you're working out.

But that's just my personal experience with it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: