Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Help! My Husband Wants to Join the Army??  (Read 264 times)

Offline sgreens1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help! My Husband Wants to Join the Army??
« on: December 29, 2013, 07:23:29 PM »
Hey guys...

So my husband has always wanted to join the army, and he has put it off because of my severe anxiety/worry. I am currently going through the worst panic/anxiety issues of my life; I have barely been able to leave my bed for a week. I have constant panic and worry and I think a lot of it is just me worrying about my husband even though he's fine. I am planning on starting intensive outpatient therapy this week or next week, and will talk to my therapist about it, but does anybody know how to deal with this? How will I deal with him being gone for basic, and even worse, if he ends up getting deployed to the middle east and is gone for a year at a time? I don't see how somebody like me, who worries constantly, will ever be able to deal with my husband leaving for the Army. I don't want him to miss out on his dreams, any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help! My Husband Wants to Join the Army??
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:08:41 AM »
I think both you and your husband should visit a therapist together. Explain what your anxiety involves. It involves him. So to have him go away will make the anxiety worse. To have him understand this might make him look for something else to do. But you have to be able to talk to him about things. Even if it upsets him. He has to know what is going on in that mind of yours. Then together you might be able to work through this as a couple. But don't keep it to yourself. He has to know your thoughts.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help! My Husband Wants to Join the Army??
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 03:59:04 PM »
I just replied to your other post before I saw this.

This is a difficult situation. Have you talked at length with him about it? As a military wife myself, it would be very difficult to go though an anxious period with my husband gone. Thankfully, the times I have been really bad, he has been home, not deployed.
I would def keep up the therapy. Maybe do couples therapy as well? I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I am here to listen and respond.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share