Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pea-sized stools, lost 6 pounds in 5 days, is this natural post tooth extraction  (Read 141 times)

Offline xie323

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I had a wisdom tooth extraction on the 24th(all 4 of them) and I couldn't eat hard food for 4 days and am only starting to eat hard food again today.  Recently I found that my stools are all very small and pebbly and that I have lost around 6 pounds in 5 days from 183 to 177.5.  Is this normal for after tooth surgery or should I be worried about this? Just wondering.
Bookmark and Share

Online CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
It's most likely due to your not eating much. Start drinking at least 6 glasses of water a day---I use Benefiber in two of my 6 glasses a day, it helps get things moving. Applesauce is soft for your healing gums and has fiber too. Good luck! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline olethros

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
If things only happened right after something like that, it's likely connected to that. Body weight fluctuates a lot from day to day, even from hour to hour. As an example, in Japan they have things called onsens which are public baths with water heated naturally from deep beneath the ground. They have scales in the cleaning area outside the actual onsen and if you weigh yourself before and after the differences can be substantial - the change is from water weight. So don't worry - that amount after changes to diet and getting a tooth taken out is not anything to be concerned about.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: