Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Clogged Ears / Painful Pressure  (Read 257 times)

Offline Always_Freaking_Out

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Clogged Ears / Painful Pressure
« on: December 28, 2013, 10:20:26 PM »
Hello,
It's been a while since I posted, but I have a medical question and interested if anyone had any thoughts.
I don't like looking on medical websites as it brings back anxiety (which I have been mostly free of for about a year).
Anyway, she had a really bad cold for a while, about 3 months ago.   Her nose was very swollen.   After multiple doctor visits she was put on 2 rounds of antibiotics and then steroids.   All of that helped clear things up.

Except, now when she goes in the car or out for a walk her ears get very full with pressure, she also has a hard time smelling.    She tried to get an appt. with an ENT, but it's several weeks away.

The poor girl is miserable, I am just hoping someone might have some thoughts.   You don't think this is something more serious than left over cold stuff perhaps?
Do you think her tubes are just clogged up and she needs them draining?

Thanks?
AFO
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bertz1985

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Clogged Ears / Painful Pressure
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 12:02:26 PM »
Maybe allergies?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 12:45:20 AM »
I'm going through the exact same thing! It's terrible. Tell her to use a netipot with warm water and to use heat packs on her ears. I'm also using saline nasal spray 4-5 times a day and drixoral nasal spray once a day for 3 days then a 3 day break so I do t get rebound pressure. Call the ent and ask to be put on the cancellation list :) my ent appointment isn't until the end if January so I know how frustrating it is :(
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline kcg13

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My mind ... both a blessing AND a curse ...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 09:21:20 AM »
I agree with the netipot.  (i really don't know what else you can do) but you have to use distilled water with it.  When I use a netipot, I buy a gallon of distilled water & use it only for that.  Using any other kinds of water (including regular bottled) could cause her to feel worse or have no improvement.  Hope this helped & that she feels better quickly!
Bookmark and Share
"If I could tell the world just one thing, it would be we're all ok.  And not to worry cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these...." - "Hands" - Jewel

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 10:16:46 AM »
I suffered with my ent for nearly 2 years I lost my sense of smell when I was pregnant and that effected my taste etc. My ears felt blocked too but it was the lack of senses which got me down. Back and forth to docs trying different nose sprays which worked then caused side effects like dry nose etc. I was finally refered in September this year and it was allergy rhinitis which gives different symptoms to most allergies of what I'm allergic to usually it's itchy eyes etc but I was fully blocked. I feel much better now I'm on a spray called avamys which is specific for what I have and I feel so much better! With blocked ears I bought some ear drops which help when you feel the pressure. I would also recommend buying some liquid Vicks you put it in hot water and inhale and it just opens everything up... Hope the appointment comes round quickly I waited nearly 3 months :/ x
Bookmark and Share

Offline potternut

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 10:30:13 AM »
I'm going through a similar issue.  I just saw my primary physician and she noticed that I have fluid in my right ear.  She is sending me back to my ENT with a diagnosis of eustachian tube obstruction.  She is recommending that I have a tube put in that ear. 
Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Tags: ears pressure