Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Random fast heartbeat out of nowbere- PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. SHOULD I GO TO ER??  (Read 239 times)

Offline soccerash21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am FREAKING OUT.

I took a nap, and woke up not feeling so great. I am VERY hot, but no fever according to my thermometer, but I have a really fast heart rate and IDK why. I counted like 53 beats when I counted to 30, so add that up and it's over 100. My normal resting is between 75-80. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??? Do I need to go to the ER? Am I going to die of a heart attack or heart failure? It has been doing this for like half an hour, and I have no one around me or home to help calm me down. Should I go to the hospital?? Why is this happening out of nowhere? I am nauseous and am shaky but I'm praying it's just because I am so worried about why this is happening. I have tried drinking water, laying down, I can't get it back down. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP what do I do? I've never been this scared in my life
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Sounds like a panic attack. Even when we think we fee calm anxiety creeps up on us. Try and focus on something like a tv program or read a book. Once you've calmed down and your heart rate has lowered you'll realise it's all anxiety related. My boyfriend calms me down by telling me to breath slowly and drink some water. The more you check your pulse, the higher it will be if you're worrying. Read some articles on here where people have similar episodes and it will reassure you. Stay calm and good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline soccerash21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
a panic attack??

I think I had a panic attack a long time ago, but it didn't last this long.
My heart is still at 100 beats per minute..isn't it bad that it is still this high? Can't my body just collapse or something?
My chest feels strange though. When I breathe in it just feels deep, sort of like it does when you are sick with some sort of chest cold. but I'm sure this doesn't even make sense, idk how to describe it.
& I'm still shaky =(

So I'm not dying? Idk ho to deal with panic attacks since I don't typically get them. Do you just wait it out? Even if it takes forever to start feeling better??
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Thefact you are still checking your heart rate isn't going to help because it's a vicious circle. You're checking it because you're worried hence making it faster! Quit checking it and focus on something else. You have the classic symptoms of a panic attack so take some slow breaths and relax. I am pretty sure you aren't going to die it just feels that way. Your mind is very powerful in making your body do crazy things so turn it around.. you had the power to cause these horrible symptoms so you can stop them. Breath slowly tell yourself it's all in your head and it's not going to kill you. I've had the exact same feelings it's terrifying but it does pass.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soccerash21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi again,

Okay, so I haven't checked it in a little while, so I have no idea where I am at. My chest still feels funny and I still feel weird overall, but I am still trying to calm down. I'm still scared- this completely freaked me out, especially since I haven't had this happen before, at least not to this extent. I think it scares me even more that it happened while my husband at work and we have no family in the state we are living in, so it really worried me =( I'll just keep trying to relax and try not to think about it too much, which I know is much easier said then done. :(

Thank you so much for all of your help during this!
Bookmark and Share

Offline CaliforniaDreamer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I've had this happen many times, my heart just starts going super fast for no rhyme or reason. I went to the WR so many times for heart palpitations, and also the Cardiologist..nothing was ever found. Plain ole anxiety, even when I don't feel anxious or stressed.

It does sound like a panic attack, even if you didn't feel particularly anxious at the time. I bet you will be feeling better soon, if you just breathe and relax, then you will know it was just a panic attack.

Also, the heart can beat at a pretty high rate for a short amount of time, doesn't mean it will kill you.

Feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
My doctor told me that if you feel ill with a cold, infection, etc., it can increase your heartbeat.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline soccerash21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi guys,

I just checked my hr again and it is still around where it was before- 100ish. But now I feel really sick, like I may have the flu or something, and I have a feve, which is abnormal for me because my temp is usually around 96-98, so I guess maybe I caught something, which hopefully is what explains my high heart rate. Thanks again everyone for all of the help
Bookmark and Share

Tags: