Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Weird anxiety mental symptom  (Read 195 times)

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird anxiety mental symptom
« on: December 28, 2013, 04:21:29 PM »
So I hope someone can understand this and i'm going to try to make it sensible if possible..so today me and my fiancÚ were at toysrus but we had discussed going to walmart which was uptown in a different location, well the toysrus was by a krystals fast food place and the walmart also has one located by it. It was strange because when we were passing the krystals for a few seconds I thought we were at walmart, but then I went back to like reality and we had a ways to go...it was so weird like very real like..I don't know if the thoughts connected or what...this also happened when me and my sister were headed back to her house, and we were not even close to her house but the neighborhood looked like hers and I thought for a split second we were there and came back....Has anyone else experienced things like this?? Its just one of those things that's hard to explain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird anxiety mental symptom
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 05:44:51 AM »
It can be part of derealization. That can make the mind view things in an odd way. Once I went out. Carried home a Christmas tree for my mother. Went to my bedroom when I got home. Came back downstairs after a while and asked when we were going to the shops. I had no memory of been out. Things were distorted in a sense. That is what derealization can do to you. Another time I was crossing a road. I saw a car. It seemed to be so far away. I crossed and the car skidded up to miss me. What I saw as far away was really up closer. It does things to the mind. I can't say for certain that this is what you had. It effects people in different ways. It is the only things that make sense based on what you are saying. It could have that effect on a person. There is no miracle cures for it. Distraction works at times. But it goes away by itself as time moves on. I've not had it in years. It simply just stopped.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: