Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Extreme Anxiety from Alcohol  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Zomchii

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Extreme Anxiety from Alcohol
« on: December 28, 2013, 11:51:34 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post. Sorry if it's not. As I'm typing this I am kind of still drunk, unfortunately and feeling completely insane.
For the last 2 days I have been drinking very, very heavily because I've been at parties. I've been very depressed and anxious since the break up of a long-term relationship and turned to alcohol I guess. I've always loved being drunk, and have been extremely drunk before many times, but for some reason this is much different and very scary.
I'm almost noon here now and I stopped drinking around 3-4 am? I drank a ton. Like, ridiculous amounts and I feel terrible. I vow to never drink again. I felt fine at first, but I feel completely insane now. I haven't slept and I keep thinking I am hallucinating. When I try to sleep I hear the people at the party and laughter. Sounds are so loud to me. I am extremely irritable.  I have the worst headache. I am shaking uncontrollably and feel just out of this world. I'm dizzy and confused and I'm having trouble concentrating and holding conversations. Faces are scaring me and I feel extremely paranoid. I don't really know if it's just my anxiety playing off of me being hungover or if I've entered a kind of psychosis now.
Before I drank I was having extreme/anxiety depression and I'm thinking I just flipped a switch and made myself full-blown crazy. I had no idea that you could hallucinate from drinking. I've been trying to convince someone to take me to the ER for hours now.
If I get through this and don't wind up in a loony bin, I promise I am never drinking again. Ever.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PinkIcePrincess

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Extreme Anxiety from Alcohol
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 12:14:34 PM »
Hi Zomchii,
 Well first off reading what you wrote was typed very well and thought out well so I am going out on a limb and going to say NO you haven't went crazy!! People who actually really messed up or mentally unstable can not type like you are or think like you are doing..

I would say that you have finally pushed your body to the limit on drinking and that isn't good at all because of Alcohol Poisoning now since you are typing it is possible you don't have that because most pass out or worse... would I recommend you seeing someone for sure!!!

What you are going through yes you need help and I do hope you learned your lesson and No one is worth your health and life.. NO ONE don't ruin your life because of someone..

Drink lots of water and eat a little bit..get that stuff flushed out and also yes go get some help for your anxiety and depression and see what they say about the rest..

Good thing is that you are still alive..Thank Goodness!! You will be okay you just need some help and if you need to go too the Er if it continues to get worse call 911 if no one will take you.. sad that no one will I am so sorry..

Take care,
PinkIcePrincess
Bookmark and Share

Offline uktom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 03:56:09 PM »
I have had some weird hangovers in my time. I was so hungover on a plane once and it felt like rain was dropping on my back, this made my anxiety go through the roof and I started to panic, one of the worst days of my life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kavenchols

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 07:41:46 PM »
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is well suited for the combined treatment of alcoholism and anxiety, as it can help patients to recognize environmental triggers and identify maladaptive coping strategies and practice new ones, just as CBT for anxiety teaches patients to challenge their own self-destructive thoughts and behaviors.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ezekiel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 03:21:35 PM »
I totally sympathy with the OP in this thread.

I use to love drinking, not to fall over drunk, but just to loosen up and be able to be extroverted.  In my "real" life I'm a very introverted person - but alcohol gave me the ability to carry on full conversations with strangers about nothing in general, able to talk to women, etc.  But always the next day I would feel like a complete jackass.

It got much worse.  I can even drink a 6 pack of beer without suffering that psychotic feeling you're talking about.  I got to where I only would drink 1 day a week (Saturday), but when I would stop, a few hours later I have would severe anxiety - the pounding heart, thinking something was very wrong and then the adrenaline kicks in and makes it worse.

I later found out that alcohol relaxes everything in your system and when it leaves your system (after you have mentally sobered up) your blood vessels constrict which makes your heart work harder to push the blood through your veins to get oxygen to your brain.

My remedy for this was - well, I'll just drink until I go to sleep and sleep through that stage, so I wouldn't mentally worry about it.  Which did help that aspect of it, however the next day, instead of anxiety, I suffered panic.  Alcohol makes people that suffer anxiety 10 times worse.  Reminds me of Bill Cosby asking someone why they liked to use cocaine, and the person said, "because it enhances my personality" to which Bill replied, "yea, but you're an asshole as it is".

I wish the OP would respond and let us know how she did.  For me the feeling does go away, but I am essentially useless for up to 2 days, and suffer the depression for sometimes longer than that after any drinking.  I obsess over things I said or typed in a forum, or didn't accomplish.  And I feel that psychosis you referred to.

All I can add is, it will go away, but unfortunately for me, I would forget the misery by the following Thursday, and start looking forward to my drinking day again - only to repeat the process.

I still miss a good alcohol buzz, and the feeling of "WHOOOOOOOOW!!!!!", but I do not miss EVERYTHING else associated with it.

The best feeling in the world is setting and accomplishing goals.

Now my greatest fear medication wise is addiction to Xanax.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: