Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Freaking Out / Weight Loss / Cancer  (Read 263 times)

Offline tysmart

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Freaking Out / Weight Loss / Cancer
« on: December 28, 2013, 10:39:52 AM »
I have extreme anxiety over my health. I have for my entire life and in high school was put out of school by a doctor for six weeks to get my mind straight. Anyways I'm 29 now and in November was told I have fatty liver but no big deal just loose weight. My G.I. said same thing but I obsessed over it and was in a constant state of panic and worry. I have been to ER seven times in two months. They have done two abdominal ultrasounds and two CT scans (one with and one without contrast). The only thing they show is the fat in liver and scattered messenteric nodes bigger than normal but of no concern. I started in November trying to loose weight by diet and exercise...walked 45-50 minutes 4-5 times per week. The first week I lost 5 lbs. the second I lost 5 lbs. I am already down 15 lbs in a month!!!!!! I am freaking out because when I do eat awful and break from diet I gain no weight back. Is this too fast of a weight loss and is caused by cancer???? I keep fearing cancer due to this. Would cancer cause this..I have had so much blood work and scans I think maybe they would have found cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Freaking Out / Weight Loss / Cancer
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 10:50:49 AM »
Hi tysmart,

I felt that I wrote your post. If you follow my topics, I have been worrying about weight loss as well.

Like you, I started losing weight at first but it was at an irregular pace.

Now I am worried that a lot of people keep telling me that I lost weight. Seriously, a lot of people!

It just makes me panic that I have a noticeable weight loss when in fact I did minimal things just to lose weight. Very scary indeed.

I had my sugar levels and stools checked 3 months ago and they came back fine. I haven't gotten a CBC yet and I am really considering one.

HA has finally impaired my social life as I tend to avoid friends and other people I know just to avoid the possibility of getting a weight loss compliment. THIS IS JUST MAD.

I am sorry if I have no decent advice for you but I just wanna let you know that you are NOT ALONE. I will be following this thread as well so we can keep each other updated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tysmart

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 11:21:39 AM »
I have had 2 ultrasounds on pancreas/galbladder/liver and two abdominal CT scans. I have had more CBCs than I can count. Nothing is showing except the fatty liver (which is extremely common) and some larger than normal nodes the doc calls non pathological.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 01:52:13 PM »
I lost 10 pounds in two weeks from anxiety alone! I've yet to gain it all back even though I'm eating regularly now. That doesn't mean it's cancer. Weight comes off at different rates for everyone, and if your body instantly gained that weight back because of a couple of days off of a diet, no one would ever lose weight. It's very common for weight to come off quickly when you first start a diet, as well. Just from that, I can tell you that it's not cancer related.

When you add on how many tests you've had... if there was something to be found, it would have been found.

You're fine! Congrats on the weight loss!
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline mhmommy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 10:55:17 PM »
i am afraid to get on the scale because of this.
ive had a few scans over summer after a panic attack , and the weights been dropping ever since.
i am afraid its cancer but no one believes me. recent cbc ok and abdominal ultrasound ok.
im new to ha but feel i am at increased risk because of ct scans. every time i get a compliment with
close friends ill say well not really good reason anxiety, fear and who knows, but now saying thanks
seems best. havent been myself since this all started this summer.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: