Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Really scared of brain tumor? :(  (Read 213 times)

Offline Allie33

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Really scared of brain tumor? :(
« on: December 28, 2013, 12:56:07 AM »
So for a couple months now I've been having this dull to sharp pains in the back of my head. Right by the base of the skull on the right neck. And that side of my neck will sometimes feel a little sore. A lot of the time if I am sleeping on my right side with my head kind of tilted down, while being curled up, the pain will start, but when I move around a bit, it's okay. I also get migraines, but I've have those since I was a kid. I'm 18 now. The migraines come maybe once a week, but not always. As I'm typing this, I'm starting to get a migraine, but I had a TON of caffeine today, so I am pretty sure that's what caused this one.
Anyways, I went to the neurologist and he set me up with an MRI and now I'm super scared of a tumor showing up. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baseball1221

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really scared of brain tumor? :(
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 01:16:53 AM »
Ive been scared of a brain tumor for probably a month too. And scared to death. Cant get it off my mind. Im 16 and get sharp headaches at the temple, weakness, tingling and nausea. It seems to be getting better now that i am SOMEWHAT getting it off my mind.
On your sake, i know it is extremely rare to be diagnosed with a brain tumor having only headaches. You should be fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tantony1992

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 01:33:48 AM »
I just recently got over this fear.  I was convinced I had one just earlier this month! 

Let me tell you this from experience: Do NOT Google the symptoms.  The symptoms can also be caused by anxiety and if you do "tests" you will get anxious and the symptoms will actually appear!  This is precisely what happened to me.  Luckily you have an MRI.  Once the result comes back negative, just take it as is and move on  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jazeraca

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 07:52:18 AM »
Sounds like a tension headache to me. Can be made worse by moving, and can be felt either on forehead or back of head. I wouldn't worry about it - they are common, especially among anxiety sufferers. Hopefully the MRI will alleviate your worries, but with HA, it usually doesn't. Cruel this illness, huh? Take care. =)
Bookmark and Share
Dx: GAD, HA, BPD. LPR and peptic ulcer. Possible fibro.

Tags: