Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Lump on my back  (Read 215 times)

Offline park682

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lump on my back
« on: December 27, 2013, 07:05:13 PM »
Hello! I found a lump on my back next to my spine. Its not huge but its not small either. Its soft to the touch and moves around easily which shows me its not atttached to the bone, spine or muscle. I put ice on it and it got slightly harder until it became warm. But I have such anxiety about cancer and being sedatited (for surgery) that I'm kind of freaking out.

Anyone ever have anything like this? I'm hoping its just a cyst....

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bertz1985

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lump on my back
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 12:20:22 PM »
Maybe a knot in the muscle? Have you tried getting a massage?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pichooi

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 03:43:21 PM »
If it moves this is usually a good sign that it's nothing to worry about. But still worth getting checked if it worries you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »
Quick question about the lump...any insight would be great. It's not as soft as I thought (could also be my mind) and I noticed that when I take a hot shower, the lump felt like it was smaller...does that sound like anything familiar?
Bookmark and Share

Offline tiredoflivinginfear

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 07:45:46 PM »
Quick question about the lump...any insight would be great. It's not as soft as I thought (could also be my mind) and I noticed that when I take a hot shower, the lump felt like it was smaller...does that sound like anything familiar?

Make sure it is not just something pertaining to the skin itself.
When I was much younger (early 20's or so) I developed a lump right between my breasts. At the time I obviously didn't have HA because I kind of shrugged. It was like a little hill right in the middle of the chest, where the two bra cups meet in the front. I guess at the time I thought that any problem would be on an actual breast, not between the two - so never gave it another thought.

I left it alone and when I went to a check up years after, the nurse looked at it a bit worriedly - but then she didn't say anything.

One evening after coming out of the shower, I started to mess with it and squeezed that growth a little bit. To my shock...(sorry for the squeamish part) tons of puss started coming out of it. It was a pore that had filled with some white substance over the years (the type that usually comes out of pimples) to the point it had become like a little growth. I squeezed it all out (took forever) until the skin became completely flat in that area.

So make sure it is not a pimple or some huge pore filled with stuff.   

Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenniferio

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 07:55:18 PM »
If you can get a good look at it or have somebody else look at it you might see a tiny blackhead in the center.    I've had like 5 of them.  Just a sebaceous cyst.  I have had them removed.  Best to do it before they become infected.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LillyVDR

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 09:42:17 AM »
I have three of them, two on the left side and one on the right. Mines are Lipomas. It took me a panic attack, a trip to the ER then a trip to my GP followed by an ultrasound to confirm that. But I wouldn't worry about your eithers, they also sound like lipomas to me. Just a bag of fat :-)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: