Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety I Hope?  (Read 217 times)

Offline gvjaguar

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety I Hope?
« on: December 27, 2013, 04:23:48 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm having a having a pretty rough day again unfortunately. Last night I didn't get a lot of sleep and today I had to do computer training for an entire shift, so I've been staring at a screen for the last 8 hours. Since I didn't eat breakfast and only had a Monster for breakfast, could this be the reason my eyes won't stop twitching? I'm praying to God its just eye strain but something tells me its worse. I've recently gotten over my MS fear but now ALS is stuck in my head and I'm deathly afraid I have it. I'm only 21 years old and prior to a month ago I was as happy as could be. But then I started getting random muscle twitches all over my body after I started working as a cashier after school. Since then I've had twitches in my calves, feet, knees, thighs, quads, neck, face, back, bicep, tricep, and finger and I'm losing my mind. At first I attributed everything to standing for long hours of the day which caused my legs to take a beating but all these damn twitches won't when I'm resting, making sleep a laborious task at night.

now these eye twitches won't stop and I'm afraid its confirmation of a deadly neurological issue because of all these symptoms. While I don't have any clinical weakness in scared its only a matter of time until a foot drop or I can't turn a door knob or button a shirt. I've had anxiety issues my whole life and so did my mother, but how could anxiety really cause all these muscle twitches? I'm losing my mind and these twitches have robbed me of my happiness, I've become so depressed and afraid I only have a few years and I can't make the thoughts go away. My right leg is occasionally sore below the knee and I'm afraid that its a sign my leg is becoming weaker even though it doesn't feel weaker.

I'm just terrified that I'm the only one has twitching BEFORE weakness, but I don't want to go to ALS forums to verify that I have it. I'm only 21, why the hell would this affect me so early? Everyone says ALS is rare but 5,000 people diagnosed a year is still A LOT and of course I would be the one to get it. I'm sorry for the seemingly endless rant, bur I just don't see how anxiety can cause all of these twitches. I doubt its BFS, something can't be right. Thanks to anybody who reads this and responds, I really appreciate the support of the great community we hate here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gvjaguar

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety I Hope?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 09:24:06 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd give everyone a quick update. I finally got home from work after 8 hours of staring at a computer screen. After a shower, magnesium supplement, and a nap, I woke up and the eye twitching stopped completely - thank God. Although I still have body wide twitches, not having the constant eye twitching has calmed me down a little bit. I hope this means my other twitching is also caused by stress and that my body is just out of whack from anxiety and strain from work.

It's so hard to remain positive after episodes like this, I can live with anything, just not ALS. Even though the probability of having that dreaded disease is next to nothing for someone my age (21) I can't stand the thought of not living an active lifestyle. I want to marry my gf, raise a family, keep weightlifting and playing sports, and live life to the fullest. Hopefully I do not have ALS and I can finally get on with my life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline loveya14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 09:42:05 PM »
Glad your feeling better , I now how annoying symptoms can be !
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dmcrae22

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 12:20:04 AM »
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said your body is out of whack from anxiety and strain at work. Anxiety creates this downward spiral of you fearing physical symptoms and so your body releases stress hormones like adrenaline that prepare your muscles for fight or flight. When you do neither, your tense muscles end doing things like twitching or vibrating. Of course that leads to more fear and the cycle repeats itself.

I went through the whole ALS fear last spring due to twitches. I twitched from head to toe and I of course consulted Dr Google about it which took it to whole new level. It's going to take some time and the best thing you can do is just live your life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gvjaguar

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 06:10:15 PM »
Yeah, its reassuring to hear your experience. I went walking around the mall today and while I was up and walking I didn't feel ant twitches in my legs. After I sat down when I got home, I started feeling twitches in my calves, feet, and around my knees. I hope I'm okay, I can't take this anymore. Why do my muscle twitch if they're isn't anything wrong with me?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: