Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: 2 year old's head  (Read 145 times)

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
2 year old's head
« on: December 27, 2013, 04:12:33 PM »
My two year old son woke up and tried to roll over but started screaming and holding his head. He didn't want to roll over or stand up he just wanted me to hold him. Took him to the doctor and the doctor said if it was a mass it would not be tender to touch. Well he prescribed him amoxicillin and tylenol with codeine. He said he isn't sold on it being a swollen lymph ode but he is treating an infection( even though he doesn't think he has one). Well on the way home he asked for chicken and a fire truck so I knew he didn't feel as bad. Got him home and he went to sleep. I tried to turn him to the right and he winced like he was in pain. Could this just be a pulled muscle or he slept wrong. There is nothing swollen, he is acting better but still holding his neck/ head right behind his ear. There was no infection in his ear and nothing to see in his throat. Hs pupils are normal. He still won't turn his head completely to the right though. Obviously I want a second opinion from another doctor but the only other choice around here is taking him to another doctor  an hour away in another state.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cattia

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: 2 year old's head
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »
You don't think it could be his back molars breaking through? He's the right age and that can be super, super painful. Hope he feels betyer soon, it's such a worry when your kids are not well isn't it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 05:41:53 PM »
Cattia, i don't think so. This is very different. He has been doing better. There is a sore spot on his neck. He doesn't really want to look up either. From everything I have read, it seems to be a kink. Fortunately he is doing better not worse. I probably won't sleep much tonight worried about him. It is so hard when they can't tell you what hurts. All he says is it hurts no stop touch
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cattia

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 07:55:59 AM »
I hope he is doing better now. I had a crick in my neck once and it was so sore that I couldn't drive for a couple of days because it hurt to turn my head so it could wasily be that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 09:41:30 AM »
Cattia, thank you for thinking of us this morning. He is doing way better. His doctor not the one i saw yesterday, called me and told me that's what she thought it was and not to give him antibiotic. She said two year olds are dramatic. The slightest bit of pain and you think they are dying. She said it probsbly did hurt and scared him and when he saw me being upset, it upset him. She said if he develops a fever though, to call her back immediately. Still not completely turning his head but it is way better than yesterday. He has been running around, playing, laughing. Nothing scarier than being told initially "i don't know what's wrong" and then starts talking brain tumors.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sky3942

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »
I know exactly how you feel when it comes to our children we worry so much more. My daughter had 2 episodes with a kink in neck. she could not pick up her arm or turn her head. I rubbed it down with icy hot and kept hot compresses on it and it was better by the next day. I hoped this helped. From on worry wart mother to the you. :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 08:24:23 PM »
It's terrifying especially when they an't tell you exactly what hurts. Thanks for the advice. He seems to be doing a lot better. I tried a warm compress but he kept saying no. Most likely because i was trying to keep him still and he didn't want to be.lol
Bookmark and Share

Tags: