Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 74 times)

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introduction
« on: December 26, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »
I知 not much of a writer, but I値l do my best to introduce myself.

I知 a 38 year old man of Scandinavian and Native American descent who lives on the coast in Washington State.

I have a degree in Chemistry and Biology, but I知 unemployed, and living on disability.

I致e been a hard worker most of my life, but the combination of mental illness and a herniated disk have made employment difficult.

Nonetheless, I have not given up. I知 an artist. I have my work displayed in a gallery. and I知 trying to make a business out of my work.

I致e come to the conclusion the only way I知 going to be successful is by working for myself.

Despite my disabilities, I知 still goal oriented. There痴 always something to do. Currently my number one goal is losing weight and getting in shape.

In spite of the herniated disk, I知 able to surf, and surfing is extremely important to me. It痴 one reason why I知 trying so hard to lose weight and get in shape. After my last surgery I gained 60 pounds, and this has really affected my ability to surf.

I知 just trying to make the most out of life despite my challenges.

anxiousartist
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 03:32:26 AM »
Hi anxiousartist,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Sounds like you have some great goals set out for yourself.  Good luck with the art and self improvement goals.  I hope you are able to find some help and support for your anxiety issues here.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: