Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Am I overwhelmed or seriously going crazy?  (Read 172 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
Am I overwhelmed or seriously going crazy?
« on: December 26, 2013, 01:21:30 PM »
I'm beginning to think I am seriously going crazy. I have lost my pain meds (for pain from my car accident 2 weeks ago) twice in the past week. The one I still can not find. The other, I thought I was looking for one, then remembered the doc switched me to a different one and it was in front of my face the whole time!

Even before the accident I would tell my hubby that if he needed me to do something the next day or wanted something from the grocery store, write it down cause I may not remember it. Heck, he can ask me to grab something for him while I'm in the kitchen, 5 min later when I go to get it, I may not remember what the item was.

I am desperately trying to put everything back in its place as soon as I use it for fear that I will not find it again. I have been known to get hysterical if I can't find something like say a necklace I have from my nanny who has passed away. I will get focused on that one thing until I find it!

Does a person who is going crazy know they are? Or am I just so overwhelmed that I can't seem to get anything right?
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Online AncientMelody

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Am I overwhelmed or seriously going crazy?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 03:22:04 PM »
Most likely you're overwhelmed. When someone is really losing touch with reality, they don't tend to have the self-awareness to realize that they are forgetting things so much. On the other hand those of us with severe anxiety are often hyper-aware about these things!  :spineyes: Take step back, let your body rest. Try to get some more sleep because anxiety really takes a toll on energy level which can certainly blunt mental functioning.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: