Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)  (Read 222 times)

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
« on: December 26, 2013, 12:48:08 PM »
So I have more or less had this condition since my second panic/anxiety/depression attack over a decade ago, it seemed to have occurred when I got back on Zoloft for the second time in my life back then and has never really gone away.  I usually pay no attention to it, but at times it gets louder, like if I am tired or perhaps when my mood is not so great.  These last few days have been not particularly cheerful except when we have had company or been over someone elses house (helps me get out of my head for a bit), but today I am sitting at home (wife is home too) and my ears are ringing loudly.  I have noticed the same over the last few days, and Monday was a bad day for me, I felt very bad after some stressful dealings with the DMV and social security office that took hours to get done, all in a day with pounding rain and gray skies.  Saw my pdoc later and she didn't want to change my meds for now (I complained of not feeling really happy and relaxed even though this episode will be a year old next month), noting the holidays can be especially rough so its hang in there till next time at least.  I'm also scared of med changes as well tbh.  Has anyone else noticed constant tinnitus with depression/anxiety and does it fluctuate according to mood? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline SillyBear

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 02:54:53 PM »
From my personal experience, I always gt ringing in my ears during increased bouts of anxiety and after panic attacks. For a long time I was worried about hearing loss but I had a test done and I have very good hearing! Honestly this is something I get all the time with my anxiety. If it is constant, maybe consider bringing it up at your next visit to your GP. Do remember that anything you experience on a normal basis is exasperated during times of stress
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 04:58:24 PM »
Thanks, it does make sense to me that it would be worsened when the anxiety or depression is worse and it comforts me a bit to have confirmation that I am not the only one.  I did get it checked out (MRI and ent doctor) after it first started years ago but nothing could be found that could have caused it, so I accepted it and it usually doesn't bother me (eg I don't notice it most of the time) but it does seem louder of late, which could be tied to getting thru the holidays and my fears of relapse/not getting 100% better (though rationally I know I did get complete remission from panic/anxiety/depression twice before in my life, with the help of meds).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: