Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Please help me before I ruin my whole holiday season (stomach worries)  (Read 225 times)

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Long story short - I've been dealing with right quadrant pain off and on (but mostly on) for almost a year. It started at the end of this January and I had an abdominal ultrasound and ct scan right after the pain started. The ultrasound only showed mildly fatty liver (no abnormal liver blood panels) and my ct scan showed NOTHING. I also had a clean colonoscopy in May. I was pain free for all of July, August and September and it started back in early October. It feels like the pain is in my ribs a lot and not in my stomach but I dunno. This makes me think costochondritis but my ribs hurt without being pressed too. I've been convinced that i've had liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, lung cancer, etc. My upper back also hurts. I have a lot of sore muscular pain and mainly on the right hand side but also somewhat on the left. My right shoulder, ribcage, neck, etc. hurts worse.

I've become obsessed with checking the color of my stool and my skin for jaundice. My stool looks paler than normal sometimes and sometimes I have yellow, watery diarrhea (sorry TMI). I also have stools that float from time to time. I supposedly have IBS though. I have had no weight loss at all although my appetite feels somewhat diminished. I'm also 33 years old. I've heard people suggest that I may have gallbladder problems but my ultrasound and ct in january showed nothing. Should I request a HIDA scan?

I can't get out of my mind that the ultrasound and ct missed liver or pancreatic cancer. What if something was too small to pick up then and now it's something big and out of control????? I seriously feel like crap. Please talk some sense into me.
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please help me before I ruin my whole holiday season (stomach worries)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 02:14:25 PM »
Anyone?  :( :( :( :( :(
Bookmark and Share
"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world.  ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline ARose318

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 06:39:18 PM »
I do not think that you have Cancer ... you've had all the proper tests and nothing was found, which is good!

Stool can be pale for a number of different reasons (i.e.: what you ate) and floating stools can be too much fiber in your diet.

However, if you're still concerned tell your Doctor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline airmanssweetie

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 07:00:01 PM »
Would it be possible to get a 2nd opinion?  Did the dr mention any possiblities of what the pain could be?   :sad0126:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 09:35:01 PM »
ARose318 - I have an appointment with my doctor at the beginning of the new year.

Airmanssweetie - I have thought about getting a second opinion but I really do respect my doctor and he has sent me for more tests then I think most other doctors would. He's been my families doctor for over 20 years and has never did any of my family members wrong. He has said fibromyalgia possibly which I have a hard time believing. haha.

Since January I've had an abdominal ultrasound, an abdominal and pelvic CT scan, a pelvic ultrasound, 4 chest X-rays, a colonoscopy, a shoulder X-ray and shoulder ultrasound, tons of blood work, an MRI of my cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. Nothing major has come back on any of it! And I still feel like crap. A big pile of poop. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Moebearocka1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 09:38:53 AM »
Anyone else?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: