Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Scan done, now scared of results....help!  (Read 202 times)

Offline mct425

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scan done, now scared of results....help!
« on: December 26, 2013, 09:59:07 AM »
So I just finished my CT scan (it took all of 1-2 minutes at the most).  They were scanning my sinuses because of the ongoing pressure I've had for over 2 months and the fact that my upper teeth on the same side as the pressure are now hurting.  Two doctors have said it's just "pressure" and there's nothing to do about it, but my gut feels like there's something wrong.  Teeth/gums don't hurt and feel like they're shifting for no reason.  The ENT sent me for a scan to give me "peace of mind" that there isn't a tumor.  I tried peeking at the computer afterwards and saw my scan.  Of course I had no clue what I was looking for, but the two large sinuses were all black (which means there isn't a massive tumor in them that I could tell).

Anyway...did the scan and now the anxiety is in full gear because my doctor won't get the results until next week--when I'm on vacation :(  I feel like my trip will be tanked because of this worry that there's a tumor in my sinuses.

Tried calling the dentist about my teeth but they're closed this week. 

Feeling so worried and helpless....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scan done, now scared of results....help!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 10:27:36 AM »
Get serious! The symptoms you have mentioned suggest sinusitis. Sure, it can be a result of a sinus polyp or a cyst but that's not cancer, it's completely benign. Or maybe a deviated septum! I have had both and an operation solved all my problems with pressure in my sinuses, sinusitis, teeth feeling like they are about to fall out, headaches... Prior to the operation, they have me some drug that induces amnesia. I remember being pushed to the OR and then waking up. That's it. No biggie. Pressure is because of the mucus in your sinuses, not because of a tumor.
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Flirty
    Flirty
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 11:00:29 AM »
Don't be afraid of results :) Even if it would be something ( probably won't ) , they will start to treat you to make you better , it is always good to know what is wrong if something :)
Bookmark and Share
Surprise ! ocd sucks.

Offline mct425

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 02:26:21 PM »
Yes, I keep thinking the same thing--maybe there will be an answer in the scan, but hopefully not anything sinister.  I'm not sure if this is sinusitis because there's never been a cold or sinus infection.  No congestion, drippy nose, nothing in the past few months.  Just pressure mostly on the right side of my nose/cheek.  My GP put me on antibiotics which did nothing.  The ENT put me on steroids which also did nothing.  They both say that it's just "sinus pressure" and may not resolve until it warms up.  Never heard of such a thing.  But what worries me so much now is that it's beginning to affect my teeth on the right side.  It feels like one tooth has shifted and the one next to it is turning.  Plus the roof of my mouth feels strange--kind of like I've irritated it but it won't go away.  I also feel something like a lump up there...but I'm not sure if it's always been there or not.  When I look at the roof of my mouth with a mirror it looks totally fine.  Nothing red, white, lumpy, or anything.  So I'm not sure what's going on.

We are going on vacation tomorrow so I can't book a dentist appointment until we come back, nor can I get my scan results either. 

Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »
It's probably a polyp or a cyst and your anxiety is making it worse.
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Tags: