Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 57 times)

Offline Flursh

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi everyone!
« on: December 26, 2013, 06:05:43 AM »
I'm currently awake around 6:00 a.m because I haven't gotten any sleep yet. I have suffered from anxiety most of my life, but was able to deal with it. My junior year of high school I decided for myself I should go see therapy for it. I started that and my the next year I was taking anti depressants and adderral. I wen't off to college and starting becoming happy with life again and having a great time. Then I made a horrible decision of trying mushrooms last Feb. It was a traumatizing experience to say the least. The whole 6-7 hour trip was one of horrible panic attacks of anxiety fueled by the drug. After that I developed a head twitch and became overly self aware of myself. I was a part of a fraternity on campus and and ending up beating up my pledge brother because I thought he was making fun of my difference in behavior. I took a leave of absence and didn't finish that year due to a couple breakdowns. I went through a drama packed summer with my family and continued school back home at my state, but hate it. I don't socialize anymore and I was taking xanax from the incident for about 8 months, but stopped everything a month ago in hope that I can get better naturally. I don't want to have to rely on a pill my whole life, but now I can barley leave my house anymore. I'm 19 years old and I don't feel anything close to the person I used to be, I'm seriously pathetic. Social interaction makes me scared for reasons I don't know why. I'm loosing all my friends, failing out of college, have no job, have no girl, and I have no plans for my future. I makes me so angry because I know I can accomplish a lot, I just don't do it and I'm fairly attractive, but it's no use when I can't talk to girls anymore. I feel trapped with no way out and I feel like I will never get out of this hell.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 03:38:17 AM »
Hi Flursh,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

I am sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time.  You need to remember that you are a good person and that you deserve to be happy.  Your confidence sounds like it is at a very low point, but that will only make you feel worse.  I truly hope you can find the help and support you are looking for here.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags:

anything